What Turns U On (Head)?

Hola doods,

I was getting alternator whine, so I decided to see if swapping my Kenwood HU for a Clarion HU would help at all. Now after I had plugged it in and turned it on, the display came on fine, but as I was reaching for a CD to test it with, the HU just turned off by itself.

I noticed that it would still accept the CD and eject it, but refused to turn on and play it. I then took the Clarion HU out and put the Kenwood HU one back in, same thing: accepts the CD and ejects it, but refused to turn on and play it. Then about an hour later it refused to even do that.

The on-board 10A fuses for both these HU's are fine, obviously the HU's aren't the problem, and I wonder if the key to figuring out this problem is the fact that it would still accept and eject CDs even though nothing else was working.

Que pasa?

Is the hu grounded well? Try plugging in the ant and also wire your ground to Ur hsrness see if that helps also check Ur 12v and memory. Check both fuses in.Ur car.

i would pull out your meter and see if your getting proper voltage on the turn on trigger from the car. could of shorted something and popped a fuse in the main fuse panel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.