what to do?

Participant count
  • Participant list

offroadaudio

i have a 1995 Jeep Cherokee, i am slowly trying to build a system worth listening to. i replaced the stock speakers w/4 Pioneer 5 1/4" speakers in the doors and on the sound bar. whats the biggest speakers i can run in the hatch w/out modifying the mounts? and if they aren't too big, then how should i modify the mounts? Also, whats the best placement for subs in a Cherokee, i was thinking the indentations in the sides but i am nowhere near a professional...

I am not sure about the chrokee's rear speaker size but if u want a bit of sound worth listening to you can get Audiobahn speakers they are available in almost every size and have a really good power handling if you have 6.5 speakers in your back then you can get Audiobahn ACX 653 or its 693 i dont remember exactly you can check and for those you can get an amp prefrebly a CLASS A amp if your a qualitify freak i would recommend a Pioneer GMX-562 or JBL 80.2 or if money doesnt seem to be a problem get any CLASS A high current amp but match the power you dont want to blow your new speakers. The key to a good quality sound is a good source of power and a reasonably good wiring make sure you get a good quality RC cable for a beginner i would suggest Rockford White Wolf and get a basic quality 4 gauge moster power cable and your battery should be in perfect shape. Thats all for now i think you will find audiobahn speakers that will fit ur factory mounts. Best of Luck . and its not bad not to modify the factory mounts sometimes u get a really good bass response if you put good speakers in the factory mounts location . Bye bye

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

offroadaudio

offroadaudio
Rhode Island
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Teffi