What to do...What to do?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Caddy
10+ year member

Alright, I got a lot of gift cards to best buy this christmas and I'm looking to invest them into some speakers for my car. Right now I'm looking at Alpine Type R's and Rockford Fosgate. I've got around $400 in gift cards and about $250 extra in the bank I'm willing to spend. Which speakers would all of you go with. I'm looking for a nice sound but I'm not looking for anything super spectacular. I would need 2 6 1/2" and 2 6x9". I don't want component speakers because I don't want to go through the hassle of installing them.

The next question is what to amp them with. I don't want to max them out, I just want to get some extra power to them to make them sound a little better. I was thinking just a small 400 watt amp with 100 watts going to each speaker.

Last question, is if I would need a different wiring kit and if so what would I need?

I would just go to Best Buy and take a listen since your limited to Best Buy anyways. Just look at the recommened RMS wattage of the speakers and match your amp to them, a little extra headroom it a plus //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've already listened to both at Best Buy and I like the way both sound so I could go either way. I just want some personal opinions and experiences with each to help me make a decision. What would be a couple amps that I should be thinking about though?

To be truthfully honest, I didnt like any speakers that best buy offers. Maybe some pioneer 2-way coaxials, avoid the 3-ways and 4-ways because its just a marketing ploy and dont sound right IMO.

Why do you need two 6.5? Instead of the 6x9s why dont you get a 10in sub instead?

Out of the amplifers i would look at the Alpine V12 series and maybe the RF they sell there. I think 4x100 W RMS should be more than enough if gains are set correctly, but dont just crank up the gains to be louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

The Caddy

10+ year member
The Caddy
Minnesota
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from