what to do AUDIOBAHN

acura cl
10+ year member

miami
Hey i was wondering what would be the best setup for my subs fo my car. Ihave a 1999 Acura cl and wanna know what would be best or look and hit the best with 2 12" Audiobahn AW1206Qs

thanks alot, please respond as quickly as possible

and if you can about how much would fiberglass be or around how much for each setup, thanks

Bro! !

Don't get me wrong. I have heard how those Audiobahns sound and they do sound extreme. However, if you can find a stereo shop that deals JL Audio I would ask you to do yourself the favor of listening to them. I've been a JL die hard and nothing has ever come close. They are not as power and space hungry as Audiobahn. Audiobahns are heavy duty but they also recquire alot to make em sound that way. Check out the W7 series from JL Audio.

If you're still sold on your Audiobahn come visit me in SA, TX and I can show you how much damage a couple of 10" W7s can do. To power up those hungry monsters though, without a doubt in my mind. MEMPHIS AUDIO, digital amps the size of a tissue box and enough power to break the back off those Audiobahns. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you should just go with about a 900 watt amp . A used one would be fine or get anew one like eclipse or alpine. That iswhat I would do but you do whatever you want. If you have enough money you could go with RF, Pheonix Gold, or Xtant. now Squirellkiller has some good input but I know for a fact that it doesn't take that much to get Audiobahns to sound good and that a good priced amp with the right specs will do just fine for Audiobahns. So it is totally up to you but I would go with a RF amp. That is what I have and my subs hit ****ing hard for what they are rated at. I hope this helps

thanks for the info, u give me some good ideas, but i wanted to try to buy the audiobahn 2200HCQ its the new model... but i dont know what caps are and why i need them... and the best price i got on it was like 700 , and i still feel thats kinda high... i mean its a good deal but like i dont want to pay that much, anyone have links for some products being sold at wholesale or dealer cost? lol i doubt it but i gotta ask

caps r capacitors, they add more power to ur amp so it doesnt drain ur battery as much,...ive seen them for 300 b4, but 700 is way too much

3 bills for a stiffening cap????

wtf? where do you live?! thats insanely high!

1 farad at my local future shop, not exactly known for theier earth shattereing deals on stuff ;lliek that was 150 canadian...

online less than a 100 bucks US, easy, you can prolly get one forl ike 50-60...

1 fard is all you'll need....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.