Participant count
  • Participant list

darkhunter139
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
Ok well I have this amp

http://www.maaudio.com/product.jhtm?id=11&cid=12

and every keeps telling me it is way over rated so I figure oh well I can turn the Gain way up now. Well I go test it with my DMM and I am getting around 51 volts at a notch before max power

Thats over 600 watts RMS

Does that mean my amp is under rated or am I doing something wrong?

This is with the volume at like 35 out of 50

It's capable of the voltage, but your clipping the hell out of it and will damage your subs.
Ok so if I leave it at 400 RMS will I be ok? 400 RMS comes with the gain about half way up

Sounds about right. What's the amp rated for? FWIW, most of the time I find that my gains always end up about 1/3 of the way up when set correctly.

Sounds about right. What's the amp rated for? FWIW, most of the time I find that my gains always end up about 1/3 of the way up when set correctly.
its rated at 500 watts RMS bridged

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.