what kind of speakers are good?

Well I just ordered a powerful Alpine cd player and I want to get some speakers for my car. I know nothing about them though and right now I just have the original factory ones. I have a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I don't want the big boxes or anything, so I was thinking I would just get some speakers for my front doors. Somebody told me Infinity Kappas were the way to go, but does anybody have any other suggestions. I want really good ones but I am not ought to spend tooo much money. Also, what does component mean? Please give me advice... i know nothing.

THANKS!!!:confused

people who try to help also kow nothing about your requirements...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

a budget/ what kind of music you listen to would be a start...

Also, do you prefer sharp, accurate high notes (titanium domes) or a smootehr delivery of higher note(silk/fabric)?

THe best would be to go down to your local audio dealer and listen to a few, seeif you can find one that you really like. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alright, well i listen to bout everything except for like loud stuff like TOOL. Mainly rap and country. So I want good bass, but also i guess just clear sounding music? If I am just getting like speakers for the front doors id say my budget is no more than 150... not retail but like 150 on ebay. Hope that helps some...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Originally posted by 94_civic_guy The Polk/MOMO component speakers are pretty good, but cost alot of money.

MOMO's are freakin nice. Not to bright but not to soft either. Any of them though. I would seriously recommend going down to the local CC or EE and listening to them.

Alright... well there is one question that is still unanswered. What is the difference between component speakers and plain speakers? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Originally posted by sgleaton15 Alright... well there is one question that is still unanswered. What is the difference between component speakers and plain speakers? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
just what do you mean by plain speakers? stock speakers? probalby power handling, quality of music, cone material...

do u mean 2-way or 3-way speakers? well the difference is that the componet tweter is seperate and i comes with an external x-over that is some times ajustable. The reason the tweeter is seperate is for better placement.

Originally posted by sgleaton15 Alright... well there is one question that is still unanswered. What is the difference between component speakers and plain speakers? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I am not real sure, but I think the frequency range covered. But I can tell you this all you will need is a component set and maybe an amp. After you listen to regular speakers, components should blow you away with the sound they reproduce.

I have been running the 6 1/2" Kappa Component setup in my car for almost 3 months now and I do not regret buying them one bit. If you want to stay around $150 on Ebay, I would get the 3-way Kappa or Perfect speakers, you will love them!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.