what kind of resin is good for fiberglassing?

RFmustang
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
I've been searching online to buy fiberglass in bulk and cheapest, but in most places the have epoxy resin and polyester resin. im guessing i want the polyester resin, but which one at that, theres like 20 different types. does it really matter?

im not asking about brands, im wondering abou the differences between the types of polyester resins, or will any do?

Any standard polyester layup resin will do. I have used three different brands and have found there to be no difference between them. I do recommend, though, that you make sure that the kind you buy comes in a container with a pourable spout!

This stuff will do, but the stuff @ Home Depot will work equally as well.

4352.jpg

Do you guys do anything with those gelcoats? I am new to this and am looking around at everything, and thinking about future projects and I found the gelcoat and was like"what is that for?". US composits has a way better price on stuff compared to fiberglast.com, and I guess Im gonna go to Home Depot and check their stuff out.

Alex

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.