What Kind of Caulking do you use?

clear and white look exactly the same on the tube they were mixed together at my homedepot. hopefully i can finish my cuts today to start sanding, glueing, and nailing my box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I finished my box last night except for carpeting it and putting in my sub. Its to **** hot outside to work right now. And I just releazed that I forgot to buy a ground wire for my amp, so I can't get my system running tonight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif .

ok you people might look at me like im crazy but when i build a box i dont use any caulking. the stuff i use is an expanding foam and it works great, they sell it at the depot under the name great stuff. it's nice because it expands to fill in the crack and makes on heclk of a great seal imo. well there you go thats my two cents

ok you people might look at me like im crazy but when i build a box i dont use any caulking. the stuff i use is an expanding foam and it works great, they sell it at the depot under the name great stuff. it's nice because it expands to fill in the crack and makes on heclk of a great seal imo. well there you go thats my two cents
I hope you dont have the foam expanded in the box like bubbled out. That not only takes away from volume but it creates more jagged areas for the sound to bouce off of. You want it as smooth as possible in the box.

I hope you dont have the foam expanded in the box like bubbled out. That not only takes away from volume but it creates more jagged areas for the sound to bouce off of. You want it as smooth as possible in the box.
You do not really have to worry about edges if the box is sealed but if is ported then yes those edges can disrupt the rear wave.

I use a specialty caulk that works wonders, it is called

"Caulk n' Balls"

well i put corner peices in there about 1.5 to 2 inches in length and after i put the foam in i screw the corner peices in and it fills the airspace in that area plus the corner peice doubles as a bracket. i dont know if this make since to you but basicly it turns every corner into a triangle. thay allways sound great ported or sealed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.