What kind/brand of 6-1/2" speakers offer the most bass?

I'm looking for a new pair of speakers for my Suzuki Swift as the 3-way Kenwoods I installed a few weeks ago offer zero bass. The largerst size I can go is 6-1/2". Should I stick with 3-ways? So which brand offers the most "thump" for the buck? BTW, I'm not looking for any complicated business like a componet setup. I like to keep things simple.

Midbass is going to be dependent on installation, period. If you don't have well-sealed door panels and lots of deadening, the results are going to be subpar no matter what speakers you go with.

I have alpine type X in my fronts. They give me decent midbass, but in my opinion, the subs overpower the midbass. Without the sub, the midbass is nice, I sort of want some more but what I pay for is what I get.

I'm looking for a new pair of speakers for my Suzuki Swift as the 3-way Kenwoods I installed a few weeks ago offer zero bass. The largerst size I can go is 6-1/2". Should I stick with 3-ways? So which brand offers the most "thump" for the buck? BTW, I'm not looking for any complicated business like a componet setup. I like to keep things simple.
I can't see how all these asshats with suggestions missed this. And to the op, deaden your doors. This will greatly help out with any speaker.

Meh, i respect the OP's request but i must say, a lower end component system isn't THAT difficult...just a crossover and another tweeter...I suggest deadening the doors, before you buy more speakers. The money you use to buy new speakers could be used to greatly increase your install quality.

A properly deadened and sealed door is going to offer more improvement than just by swapping speakers. Start there and if you still aren't satisfied, then I'd look into changing out your speakers.

Midbass is going to be dependent on installation, period. If you don't have well-sealed door panels and lots of deadening, the results are going to be subpar no matter what speakers you go with.

this man knows his stuff. listen to what he says //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif a system's sound is 90% installation and 10% equipment. you can make crappy equipment sound outstanding, and ultra expensive equipment sound like a wet fart. it's all in the install.

Rainbow Profi Kickbass

Might not be the lowest playing (HP at 80 hz) but will hold it's own against any 6.5 mid you put it up against. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.