What is the Auxilary function?

SilverStang
10+ year member

TX
I know what auxilary is of course. But on my head unit when I go through the settings theres Auxilary and I can turn it anywhere from -15 to 15 and by default it is at 0. What does it do?

Also, what is the difference between Low and Sub?

My personal guess is its volume for just anything plugged into the Auxilary jack so that it can have its own separate volume..not sure

The difference between "Low" and "Sub" is that Low will affect all bass output whereas Sub only affects the bass output from your SW preout

My personal guess is its volume for just anything plugged into the Auxilary jack so that it can have its own separate volume..not sure
^^This

I have an Xploded head unit also. This is basically just a volume adjustment knob to help match the aux. output volume (like an Mp3 player, iphone, etc.) to the normal head unit volume. Like when I plug my phone into the head unit, I can only turn it up so loud. Then I have to start cranking up the master volume on the head unit to compensate. This helps that. Ever crank your volume way up on aux and then plug in the 3.5mm jack and it gives you a monsterous boom.....lol

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

[/color]

The difference between "Low" and "Sub" is that Low will affect all bass output whereas Sub only affects the bass output from your SW preout
^^That.

Correct! It's a gain offset. You use it to tweak the volume level from your aux device so that it better matches the rest of your sources.

EDIT: Heh, a little late on this one... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SilverStang

10+ year member
SilverStang
TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from