What if the port and the sub are on opposite ends?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PolishDude
10+ year member

Tampa, Fl
Just curious what would happen if the port and sub were on opposte sides of the box? If that was the case which would you want to face the cabin? I am curious because I am thinking of using a passive radiator setup which apperently is very similar to a port setup and that would be the case, one would be on the cabin side of the box and the other would be on the trunk side of the box. I have a corvette so the trunk and cabin are connected, the sub box sits in the area that connects the two.

bass is omni-directional....technically you should be able to face it anyway and have it sound the same....port or sub.

i had a pr set up...2 12" facing front and 1 12" and 12" pr facing rear...sound the same turned around....although so did every other box i had.

sometimes, like in a hatch or a van, you can change the sound a little by turning one way or the other. sometimes cancelation can occur if it faces front and the waves bounced off the back don't match the front ones. if this happens just slide the box back and forth so the waves match with each other...or face it towards the rear.

in your situation you may even want it sideway...seen that a lot in vets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.