What i just now discovered...

Participant count
  • Participant list

OKAY

it'snotdatloud
Today I figured ill go ahead and change out the battery terminals and clean the wire lugs with my new 8v cordless micro dremel (very cool dremel btw!). After removing the terminals I connected my battery analyzer, started the test and got a few errors like wtf.. The unit was reading 7.80v. This didn't seem right. Then I remembered about six months ago I cracked the top of the battery case by hammering the sorryazz terminal onto the post. Brand new agm (I think) manufactured Feb 2016.

I have new 2 g31s in the back and who knows how long or how much damage my other batteries sustained??

Less then a week ago I wires to .5 ohms and only noticed last night a slight dimming to my lights. I do remember a low voltage reading on my dash meter at one time 6 months ago and thought was because I had the a.c. on full blast while idling at the time.

Anyways I'm glad I caught this now. The question is have my other batts been damaged?

9TEdkha.jpg

WvGo1Rb.jpg

Wow. Should have opened up the terminal with pliers instead of hammering it on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

You probably boiled all the water out of the cracked battery....

Test the other batteries individually, but you should not have used a cracked AGM. One of the C&D's on the pallet I bought had a crack by a terminal and I returned that shit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

OKAY

it'snotdatloud
OKAY
I.E. 951/909
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from