What HZ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

venom107
10+ year member

The Graveyard Shift
I was just wondering about when I build my new boxes. What should I tune my 12's to? I only listen to rap but I want long extension and low chest hitting bass. I was looking on ddaudio.com and I was wondering will a Type R be ok in a low tune box? should i tune it to 35Hz, 40Hz, or 45Hz? What is the difference between a low,medium, and high tuned box?

Well I really dont care about daily driving I want competition bass. Will 45HZ be a low extension hit off a 12? I'm really looking for that heart stopping bass. The kind that makes your nose hair move.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by venom107 Well I really dont care about daily driving I want competition bass. Will 45HZ be a low extension hit off a 12? I'm really looking for that heart stopping bass. The kind that makes your nose hair move.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That won't happen with a Type-R, hate to tell ya.

Originally posted by venom107 well what do you suggest in the dd area check out my post on those. I just posted my question on the two DD's.
I have no experience with the 2000 series, but they don't look like anything special.
I was talking to Loyd about the 3500 series, he used to run them, he said the K's have the same output but sound a lot better...

How much you have to spend? Are you set on DD's?

I was looking for something above the Type R's in SPL and SQ really doesnt have to be great. I was looking at many types of subs including DD's, Audiobahn (SQ is nonexistant), Elemental K's. Pretty much anything anyone can tell me about. Right now I'm just trying to match it with my amp. 600watts rms at 2 ohm load. I would like the subs to be a DVC 1 ohm per coil so I could put the full load into it. Have any suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

venom107

10+ year member
The Graveyard Shift
venom107
Independence, Kansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date