what happened to my sell?

Participant count
  • Participant list

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
O.k. I just had a man over that wanted me 02' 12" L7. I wired it to two ohm because his rockford fosgate amp put out like 900rms @2 ohm bridged. I take it in the blistering heat and hook it up. Nothing happens, so we unscrew the sub make sure its at 2 ohms which it is. He unbridges his amp and we turn it on, the speaker compresses right when the music starts playing, but doesnt move. Finally i say man i promiss this is your amp because i had both hooked up last week and they have been sitting in my room ever since. I go inside and pick up an L5 and we hook it up and it does the same thing, compress when music starts and when it stops it returns to its original position. I am about to hook them both up in my room because i know it was his amp, but what could cause this to happen?

well, i am thinking its his amp because i am listening to this sub at 2 ohm right now and it works and sounds like new. What kind of amp problems could cause this?

Wait, when you say "compress" do you mean it goes straight outwards and sits there? If so, his amp is sending DC current to the outputs.Meaning there's something fried in the output section.Probably just a bad transistor.

no, the subwoofer is like someone pushed on the cone as far as it will go, and then it stays there until there is no power going to it and when that happens, it returns to its normal position

no, the subwoofer is like someone pushed on the cone as far as it will go, and then it stays there until there is no power going to it and when that happens, it returns to its normal position
That's exactly what I just said lol.

Doubt it, unless you know what you're doing and you can track down the parts, not to mention knowing how to properly solder it in.

BTW: You said bridged, so by this I'm guessing that it's a two channel amp? No RF 2 channel amp that I know of can handle that, daily.

yeah 2 ohm bridged, try 4?
My buddy runs his RF rated 4ohms stable, at 2 ohms. Turns off for a couple minutes once in a great while, thats about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.