What do....

helotaxi
5,000+ posts

Kilroy was Here
What do Mahatma, Watermaid, Calrose, Uncle Ben's and the Impreza in the May issue of CA&E have in common?

They're all rice!

Have you guys seen this install? Talk about a waste of time and money. I won't even say that it being all Audiobahn has anything to do with it being terrible. The INSTALL is a joke. No regard was given to getting the best sound out of the system. Here's a quote from the article that shows 1) how whoever said it is a moron when it comes to audio and 2) how the writers and editors of CA&E have really slipped when it comes to audio knowlege themselves for letting this get printed. "This setup was used so that ther would be a 6.5", 5.25" and a 4" in the car so that very little of the vocal range would be lost." WTF?!? Here I thought all I needed was a 6.5" with good midrange extension and a tweeter. Guess I better scrap my whole design. I am missing the 5.25" and 4" parts of the vocal range! As if that isn't bad enough, the idiot INVERTED his MIDRANGES!!! I can see it now...two installers wracking their brains..." How can we divert attention from the fact that we have no business calling ourselves good installers? Hey, I know! Let's flip these mids over and mount them with the baskets sticking into the car! That'd be mad qewl, dood!"

I've seen cars that were all show and no go, and now I've seen a stereo system in the same vein. Really, really sad.

Another classic quote from the article:

"There are no EQ's used in this car. This car was built to show off how well the Audiobahn equipment can sound through simple and proper installation."

:hilarious What will they come up with next? A more likely explanation would be "there was no intention for it to sound good and Audiobahn doesn't make a decent EQ anyway." No amount of EQ could make that godawful install sound anything resembling "good."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

helotaxi

5,000+ posts
Kilroy was Here
helotaxi
South Central (New Mexico that is...)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date