What do you think of these speakers?

kenwoods speakers (in my opinion) leave something to be desired. 85ss is right there are definately better for that same price. you might look at the infinity references. they will give you very good crisp clear sound. or if you wanted to go one step up you might try the infinity kappa's. even better than the references and give you a very good loud clear sound. are you looking for components or completes?

I'm not sure on what I'm getting yet... I'v got a couple rf subs w/ pioneer amp and a kenwood headunit already so i just want to finish up the system with some new speakers. Honestly, I dont really know the difference between component and complete so any help would be great.

Comps = Separate Midbass driver and Tweeter

Complete or Coaxial = Midbass driver with the tweeter mounted on top

The comps will usually sound better. I have seen some comps that will allow you to mount the tweeter just like the coaxial type. I think these would sound ok but since tweeters are directional you will get better sound by placing them closer to ear level.

I'm pretty sure this advice is correct but someone else correct me if I'm wrong.

Scott

nope thats right on the money. component sets cost more but you get better sound for them so it's well worth the money. i much prefer the comps as opposed to the coaxials. but thats just my opinion.

I have some kenwood excelon 6.5 and they sound OK, I don't have a lot to compare them to, but they are pretty clear, once you start turning the volume up, the midrange starts getting kinda muddy and some songs just sound muddy no matter what...I'm only sending them 40 watts, so that isn't helping, but like I said they are OK, definitely an upgrade from stock speakers, but there is better out there for the money

and I hate when ppl reccommend 10 brands, even if they are all good, so I'm only gonna give you 2 mainstream brands:

Infinity

JL

and yes crutchfield is retail price, so ebay prices will be a lot cheaper, just make sure you buy from someone with a good feedback rating

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.