What do you need to do?

Participant count
  • Participant list

thenewkid
10+ year member

The car that i am recieving after my bro goes to college is his 1994 grand am and i was wondering how easy it is to take out and replace the head unit.

little help on this and what do you all have to do because i heard that you need to take off part of ther dash to get to it is that true.

i would appriciate help on this

thankx

Well that website you showed me i know that it shows how to install them but not for pontaics (darn) eigh? Well has anyone had an experience with a 1994 grand am?

yeah i put a HU in same year car formy sis not hard at all, just have to take some stuff out like anyother car real simple 10min job, just go in and rip out

Originally posted by thenewkid Well that website you showed me i know that it shows how to install them but not for pontaics (darn) eigh? Well has anyone had an experience with a 1994 grand am?
Are you looking for detailed descriptions or what? I believe the dash piece surrounding the stereo just pops off, then you unscrew the stereo and install the new one. It really doesn't get any harder than that. There may be a few other dash pieces you need to loosen or remove, but still. Get a Metra mounting kit and there should be detailed pictures inside the kit for your car. Or look up one of those Chilton books at the library, that would really give you detailed pictures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.