What do you all think?

i actually have 3 type r's....one is blown and two that are good...i am getting ready to go cheat the warranty system at the local shop...i bought a warranty for one sub and just take the blown one in everytime i blow one so i allways have subs lol

How are you blowing up Type Rs with 600 watts rms? If you're running 2 of them on that amp, each one is only getting 300 rms. You must be clipping your amp like crazy. I'd set it with a DMM and quit blowing them. You're better off with 2 subs. They'll move more air. My buddy has a single 12" CVX on a 700 watt rms amp and I've got 2 12" CVXs on a 600 watt rms amp. Both of us are using Kicker prefab boxes at the moment. I'm louder and cleaner. 2 beats 1 of the same sub with close to the same power, with similarly crappy boxes.

My feeling is to make sure you box is contructed *to spec* for the type of music you listen to and per the mfg's specs. I personally like to run more power than what the driver is rated for, so I make sure that I can drive the speaker to it's limits without running out of amp steam.

I blew a type R i threw it away but i but a mojo 4 k to it for 15 min +

man was that stinky lol if your locals hop takes any kind of loss for you return (like % of repair / or couple points add on to their dealer cost) than you a douche bag if not w/e let alpine take the loss lol they made enuff money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AlpineUser

10+ year member
Bumpin
AlpineUser
St. Charles Mo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date