what do you all think about this Jensen?

flakko
5,000+ posts

Veteran (my butt)
So Cal
in all honesty, i mean it looks like my kenwood (BIG +) has TONS of features, and the right ones i need at that. the preouts dont matter, i can just get an eq or something.

l110VM9511-f_TS.jpeg

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iaqKwpNEAhI/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&tab=essential_info&i=110VM9511#Tab

jensen is a lower line brand...its kind of hit or miss with there products...depending how much you are paying it might be in your best interest to save a little more and buy a good alpine, eclipse, kenwood unit..

sorry i didnt see the link you posted. Circuit city has that unit for 50 dollars cheaper just to let you know..

I've actually heard a lot of good things about that particular jensen unit...its still jensen though. I'd take the money from it and aim it elsewhere....

Jensen is now owned by audiovox so a jensen is as good as an audiovox and i have yet to see anything bad happen to the 30 the local shop has sold... i put one in my g/fs ride

hey flakko, i just installed my VM9021TS and i like it...can't beat it for the price with all the features you get. I did a review on this site in the product reviews section.

I think I can hook you up with a low end eclipse dvd player. I'll have to check though and I dont think it flips out I think its just a double DIN tv kind of thing. Let me know if your interested I'll check my friends price list tomorrow. He gets crazy hookups on eclipse products. He got my cd7000 for $305.

i like it cuz it has ipod support w/video, sd card, so i can bring all my songs on one thing instead of having like discs and stuff.

Volume knob on them goes bad very easy... motion on them isn't too smooth... screen quality is good since it is made by audiovox.

I probably do two of them a week at work.

i had the first year they came out model- i hated it- on hot days (or when the unit itself got hot) it wouldnt read cd's or mp3 cd's at all till it cooled down, the volume know wouldnt adjust the volume occasionally, the lever on the right broke (the stalk is VERY thin, and the screen would freeze up occasionally. other than that, the pic was FANTASTIC. Nother thing i didnt like was on my unit- their is a sub control, but when you turn up the bass in the equalizer, the subs got louder, too- i didnt like this. its personal preferance their, though.

i had the vm-9410

after a few months everything internall went to ****

it would ONLY read reguar cd's or CDRW for mps's, no dvd's nothing....

screen qulaity was nice......however the sound processing was ****ing WEAK compared to almost every other head unit (indash or regular) that i used....i was lucky enough to get advd to work after 20 tries and i pawned that ****....for real, stay away from jensen

i saw a jenson at a show, im not sure if it's this model, but whe nthe bass hit, the screen would dim a little

No!!! we have a phrase for this case: The cheaper gets expensive. I have no idea about Jensen´s head units, but the speakers they make are really bad, I know that because I owned ones. Kenwood, Alpine, and Pioneer are MUCH better. Neither trust the head units of SONY, in the newones the sound procesing is really bad. Is sad to see how the made in japan quality is far on the past (anyway, is only my opinion, with all respect)

Greetings

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.