What do you all think about the KIcker L5's and L7's ???

Bomber Z
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I know most people in car audio knocks Kicker. But for a daily use I think they have a good sound on my one set up. I'm giving my son a L5 for his truck and was thinking of giving him the L7's from my other set up and building a new box with some Sundown's or some DC's. Not sure just thinking of something new to do. Thanks for any and all input.

They are all just hating because it's square. I love them.... I've seen the light. After I was so impressed by square subs I didn't stop there. I traded out my rectangle kitchen table for a square and I can definately eat faster. I took out my lcd tv's and bought square tube tv's, I can watch for hours without fatigue. I have taken all the manhole covers and replaced them with flat iron panels and they make so much less noise when driven on. I cut the armrests off my couch and replaced with blocks of wood. No more dead beats laying on my couch. All of my round fans I replaced with box fans and the air circulation is awesome. Somebody asked me if I had a square.... apparently that is slang for a cigarette so I started smoking and lost weight! I'm trying to figure our square tires.... I'm mocking them up with rubber blocks but I can't seem to get the radius right on the corners... it's bumpy as $hit. But once I figure it out I'm sure the square tires will disprove centuries of the wheel being the best for rolling resistance. SQUARE REVOLUTION!!!! Round is fo suckas!!

I ran a set of 8" L7's for awhile and they were decent the older ones are definately better built. If youalreadyown them and just debating a hand down situation then I can'tsee a downside. I actually replaced my L7's with Sundown SD-2's and I was really surprised at the improvement in performance at abetter price point. I always liked the CVX line from Kicker over the L7's but overall not a horrible subjust went theway of everything else build it cheaper sell it for more.

I know most people in car audio knocks Kicker. But for a daily use I think they have a good sound on my one set up. I'm giving my son a L5 for his truck and was thinking of giving him the L7's from my other set up and building a new box with some Sundown's or some DC's. Not sure just thinking of something new to do. Thanks for any and all input.
The older CVR's, older CVX's and the Solo x's are the only good kicker subs in my opinion. Just sell the l5 and the l7's on ebay or something and get him some of the newer alpine type r's

They are all just hating because it's square. I love them.... I've seen the light. After I was so impressed by square subs I didn't stop there. I traded out my rectangle kitchen table for a square and I can definately eat faster. I took out my lcd tv's and bought square tube tv's, I can watch for hours without fatigue. I have taken all the manhole covers and replaced them with flat iron panels and they make so much less noise when driven on. I cut the armrests off my couch and replaced with blocks of wood. No more dead beats laying on my couch. All of my round fans I replaced with box fans and the air circulation is awesome. Somebody asked me if I had a square.... apparently that is slang for a cigarette so I started smoking and lost weight! I'm trying to figure our square tires.... I'm mocking them up with rubber blocks but I can't seem to get the radius right on the corners... it's bumpy as $hit. But once I figure it out I'm sure the square tires will disprove centuries of the wheel being the best for rolling resistance. SQUARE REVOLUTION!!!! Round is fo suckas!!
Lol funny **** man.

I got them for $50. each. I've been pounding them for over a year now on a Massive P1000 at 1 ohm and thought they would have blown up by now. But they haven't blown. I made them work for the time I needed something in my other car. I'm going to hand them down and build a new box for 2 Sundown SA12 or 15's if the space allows. I already have a Sundown SAE1000D amp and SA12 d2 in box I built and sounds very clean with great bass response. Just thought I would see if I could get some feed back on the old L5's and 7's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.