what do you all think about EQ's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

HvNd4Speed
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So Cal
I am putting together all my components for my next install and I have my subs, amps, got my new components in yesterday, all I have left to buy is a head unit and possibly an EQ.

I have noticed that alot of major manufacturers have dropped their sound processors, is that because the internal EQ's built into head units now a days are pretty good? I have been out of car audio for the last 5 years and have not kept up with all the new technology.

my first car audio setup with 3 10w6's and the old art series PPI A600.2 back in 1997, I purchased an Alpine 3342 EQ, I would say it was the key component to it all sounding amazing and I am still in that belief. Anyway, I am looking at the Pioneer AVIC-X910BT and the Audiocontrol DQS.

Is the DQS really needed? Although I would like 4-5V outs to my amps, the 910 only has about 2.0V

Thanks for any input. I really can't decide and with the limited shops none of which are audio control dealers, I can't demo anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

HvNd4Speed

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
HvNd4Speed
So Cal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date