what do i need?

Skwerl
10+ year member

i have 2 12" pioneer w304c subs powered by a jbl 600.1 amp in my trunk rite now.

i need some tweets, and some speaks for my doors and rear deck, cuz thats completely stock.

i know, i know, i added bump b4 everything else, bad me, bad me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif . it was such a good deal i couldnt pass up though.

anyways, any1 have any ideas on a good mix for the above parts? i know i'll prob need another amp too eh?

thanx, any opinions are greatly appreciated.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well how much ya lookin to spend... how good of quality ya goin for? Might wanna look into component speakers. Give ya a little flexibility on speaker placement, depending on your car.

i would buy pair of the type R 5.25" splits and a pair of the coaxils in the same size they are unobtrusive and can be loud if you want the only prob is that the depth is masive so pods of kicks may have to come into the equasion

i'm lookin to spend as little as possible. but i do want some quality.

rite now, its just all bass and i hate rides w/ just bass. i hardly hear the lyrics.

i basically dont know what i'd need to balance everything out.

You can get great sound out of mid level speakers, and with your set up you will. First thing you need to tell us is what you are driving so we can figure out what to recomend. But if cutting and sizinf are not a problem then go to http://www.justcarspeakers.com and find these Pheonix gold QX series 6.5's they are a great price and they would make your car sound great. Or if you car takes diff size speakers then find what ever size you need in those QX they have them all there. Hope this helps!!

True that. If ya look online I'm sure you can find some pretty good coaxials for under $100 a pair (if thats in your price range). Just shop around a bit... you'll find somethin ya like.

i have a 94 saturn sl2.

lookin to spend under $150 on the rest of my system if possible. if i could do that, i'd have my entire system for under $275, which wouldnt be too bad, considering what i have and considering it all came new.

oh, and both the rear deck and the door takes 6-3/4" i believe.

and if i could get what i need for under $100 it would be even better lol, but i dont want to sacrifice too much quality.

I'm a huge fan of Infinity Kappa's, and I always recommend them to people so I'd say go with those. You wont be let down even if they are a lil bit more than you were looking to spend.

blackgeltabs, those phoenix golds are lookin nice. that site u mentioned, is that the lowest u think i can get em for? my total would be $126 for 2 pair if i remember rite.

am i gonna need another amp to power this stuff? oh, and what are coaxials and component speakers? lol, stupid questions, but i'm still fairly new to the car audio scene.

thanx guys and keep the suggestions rollin' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok the difference between coaxils and comps is, a coaxil has the midbass and the tweeter mounted together and dosent use a crossover. Components are usually 2 piece design sometimes 3. They have a midbass speaker usually 5.25 or 6.5 and a tweeter that mounts in a diff. location, these use a crossover to send frequencys of the appropiate type to the midbass speaker or the tweeter.

Those PG 6.5's dont need to be amped but one of the biggest suggestions I always make is amp you inside speakers. I think it makes all the difference in the world, usually if you got loud bass your inside speakers cant keep up when running of the HU they start to distort and sound like dog $hit. And yeah thats a great price for 4 PG 6.5's.

If your looking for a amp and dont wanna spend a ton go to http://www.justamps.com and look into ample amps. They work great as internal amps but im not sure if id use them for subs.

Hope this helps

Tabz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.