what do i need

Participant count
  • Participant list

bshime45
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
WI
alright i was wondering what was all the things i needed to install the subs and amp.... i know you have to hook up the amp to the battery... What things do you need to do this? Also what do you need to ground the amp?

Originally posted by bshime45 alright i was wondering what was all the things i needed to install the subs and amp.... i know you have to hook up the amp to the battery... What things do you need to do this? Also what do you need to ground the amp?
Tell us exactly how many amps/subs.

get yourself an amp wiring kit.

then come back and ask for more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1 edk sub and 1 amp... it's a mono amp.... i'm lookin at the amplifier kits at Sounddomain and i'm not really understanding them....

Originally posted by bshime45 1 edk sub and 1 amp... it's a mono amp.... i'm lookin at the amplifier kits at Sounddomain and i'm not really understanding them....
Hmmm...

1 amp... since you didn't state the power or car:

4 gauge or 2 gauge power wire would be sufficient. About 5 meters, to be safe.

Ground wires, about 2 meters, also of the same gauge as the power wire.

remote wire. Again, 5 meters to be safe. This can be very thin, it'll carry very little power

inline fuse holder with 1 fuse (same as the amp draw, or slightly less than stated)

RCA cable (about 3 meters, I guess)

speaker cables ( don't need that much, and don't need anything larger than 16 gauge)

I dont' think you need a distributor yet, since you only specified one amp.

I think that's about all there is...

Unless your running the mother of all amps. 2 gauge wire is a little extreme. And remember to keep your grounds as short as possible. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by ramos Unless your running the mother of all amps. 2 gauge wire is a little extreme. And remember to keep your grounds as short as possible. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
well, running a 2 guage will save him the trouble of having to rerun new wires through his car again, should he ever want to add more components. Seeing that he's a newbie, don't you think that he'll probably do just that quite soon? Besides, no harm in laying slightly larger cables. I know I'm regretting. I had to remove all the seats and the plastic panels to run mine clean.. wish I had run at least a 2 gauge, and I know I'm jsut too lazy to do it all over again...not to mention the waste of money.

Originally posted by bshime45 thanks... where would be a good place to buy all of these things?
anywhere that carries the cheapest wiring kits...

etronics,com, ikesound.com, etc, etc...

remember, wire is wire, brands do not matter.

Originally posted by paikiah well, running a 2 guage will save him the trouble of having to rerun new wires through his car again, should he ever want to add more components. Seeing that he's a newbie, don't you think that he'll probably do just that quite soon? Besides, no harm in laying slightly larger cables. I know I'm regretting. I had to remove all the seats and the plastic panels to run mine clean.. wish I had run at least a 2 gauge, and I know I'm jsut too lazy to do it all over again...not to mention the waste of money.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with running 2 gauge. It's just a little overkill. That's all I'm saying. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by ramos I'm not saying there is anything wrong with running 2 gauge. It's just a little overkill. That's all I'm saying. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yup, i know, ramos..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.