What do I need? EQ, Processor, ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dgaf
10+ year member

Swollen Member
727, FL
Here's my build thread so far:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/510180-lets-start-already.html

I have two SA15s, powered by one Mojo 2500. Some Rockford door speakers (50w rms) powered by a Rockford amp (50w rms).

I have a semi decent head unit now. A JVC, has USB and 3.5mm inputs. I mostly use them, well, only use them. I have a thumb drive I put my music on, and play Pandora and my iPod through the 3.5mm input on my iPhone.

I was looking at an AudioControl Epicenter, which says it helps restoring lost bass notes from my iPod\iPhone. I was also looking at different EQs. Not sure what I need, one, both, or none.

I mostly listen to hiphop, with strong bass. Some occasional punk\metal (hed pe, etc) I also listen to some softer stuff, Taylor Swift, and talk radio in the morning (Bubba the Love Sponge, wut-up) but mostly hard hitting bass tracks.

So I will be needing something with a remote\gain control. So I can turn it off\down when I'm listening to talk radio.

Suggestions on what I need?

You need a quality MP3 source.

Epicenters, Orion Maxxbass, etc. add in distortion which makes it sound like the bass is there. In reality this could end up damaging your equipment.

You need a quality MP3 source.
Epicenters, Orion Maxxbass, etc. add in distortion which makes it sound like the bass is there. In reality this could end up damaging your equipment.
Oh, ok. What's a quality mp3 source then?

Would an EQ help?

The cause isnt the source, its the music.

Where do you get your music? Try downloading it in FLAC and using iTunes to create an AAC file of it. That should be a lossless codec. Or use MP3's that are 224kbps and upwards. I try to find everything in 320kbps.

The cause isnt the source, its the music.
Where do you get your music? Try downloading it in FLAC and using iTunes to create an AAC file of it. That should be a lossless codec. Or use MP3's that are 224kbps and upwards. I try to find everything in 320kbps.
Well, nothing's installed yet. Box is being build now, everything should go in next weekend. Just trying to think ahead for what I may need.

So, I guess the conclusion is to wait till everything goes in and see how it sounds, if I need anything? I figured an EQ or something could only make it better from the get go. I'd like to get everything in there at the same time. Plus I have the extra cash, and the time to order something now.

????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.