What could cause speakers to get quieter???

Phrozt
10+ year member

The Drunken Snowman
Decatur, IL
A friend recently replaced his speakers with the exact same model (stock for his car) and he says they no longer bump with any bass at all...

This was an occurrance that happened sometime *after* they were installed..

He says they sound "weaker"

EDIT: same setup... everything.. just replacing old stock speakers w/new stock speakers.

take the door panel off. I BET the speakers are not installed properly.

my guess is they are just screwed into the holes where the stock speakers were taken out. i've seen it done plenty of times at places.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I don't think so, it is the standard radio/speaker combo that comes from factory, but I will do some research to make sure there isn't one hidden...
You need something more like a pro audio woofer. You want a really light Mms with a lower Fs. Idk how much loudness vs range you want, but a...
Not a term, a description. When it clips, it sends a distorted signal (current) through. A square wave contains more energy than a sine wave and...
"large crimping tool" hammer or hydraulic? Seat bracket bolts aren't good. The seat brackets are usually completely painted and so are the...

About this thread

Phrozt

10+ year member
The Drunken Snowman
Phrozt
Decatur, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date