WHAT!, Cassette Decks are the "NEW" thing?

Depression
10+ year member

ISSUES
So.....I have a Pioneer 9400MP.....and some CD's...I also have an IPOD..with 2000 songs....I have heard the rumors and I am sure they get flamed on here...but as many know the $19.99 Cassette adapter for the Apple IPOD plays as clear if not more than a brand new CD player?

I have one of these tape deck adapters and when renting cars with tape decks I must admit that the sound is Crisp and clean..and BTW....I HAVE 2000 SONGS in a hand held device...

So it was XM radio....then IPOD adapters for high end units..which ****...Is it true that the Cassette Deck is back for those who play most of their music through an IPOD since the Cassette Adapter is regarded as finer quality then the IPOD units offered for CD players.....

Even "I" must suprisingly admit that My IPOD ROCKS when I use the Cassette adapter on older cars....EBAY HERE I COME...OR HAS SOMEONE MADE A DECENT IPOD adapter for these new $500 CD units yet????

I have heard nothing good about them accept Harmon Kardons $200 unit?

What do you chime in fellas?

-DON* Civilized Revolution *

I'm sorry but I can't buy that. No way I can believe an ipod or ipod through a cassette deck can even touch a CD. I'm not exactly a firm believer in red book standard CDs either but an Ipod will not match a CD.

I'm sorry but I can't buy that. No way I can believe an ipod or ipod through a cassette deck can even touch a CD. I'm not exactly a firm believer in red book standard CDs either but an Ipod will not match a CD.
Here we go again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's most likely that you have compressed MP3 with degradation, and that's where your reasoning comes from.

Otherwise, please state your logic for an iPod (digital medium) not being able to match the quality of a CD recording (digital medium)

If not compressed formats being the culprit, blame the headunit and transducer's ability(-ies) to reproduce the frequency spectrum, and I might add that the iPod is capable from A-Z of retaining (and outputting) every bit of musical data that a CD is capable of holding;

So music on an iPod (provided it hasn't been damaged, ie: compressed into a 2mb .mp3 instead of a lossless format via Apple's Lossless Encoder) should / will sound *exactly* like a CD.

p0net!

If the music sounds better through your cassette adapter, perhaps the lossiness of the adaptor is preventing the [system] from accurately reprocuding the distortion in your mp3s. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

(I train AppleCare reps.)

Here we go again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
It's most likely that you have compressed MP3 with degradation, and that's where your reasoning comes from.
Nope, I rip and burn my own MP3s from my cd collection and use EAC with the lame encoder. They sound really good FOR AN MP3. They are still compressed files and are NOT of the same quality. Thats not saying all CDs are of top quality because they're not. I'm saying if you take any given cd (one that was manufactured with a decent recording) and rip it to mp3 and play them both on a car audio system you will notice the CD is slightly higher in quality. Seriously, why do you think the compressed formats were invented? For better quality? NO, it was to save space.

So music on an iPod (provided it hasn't been damaged, ie: compressed into a 2mb .mp3 instead of a lossless format via Apple's Lossless Encoder) should / will sound *exactly* like a CD.
Is the grass green in your world too.??

Congratulations. But that holds no worth to your argument. It just means you are PRO-IPOD.

your mp3s are lossy, a lossless file is as good as a cd.
my mp3s are lossy, and don't sound as good as a cd.
Sure, a compressed file saves space, and that's why they were born.

I'm not sure exactly what you disagree with me about, here; It's plainly obvious that if your iPod doesn't sound as good as a CD, it's because as you've already admitted, you're using lossy files.

So why are your panties in a bunch?

It's not the iPod degrading your audioquality, it's your encoding method.

mp3's can sound amazing. however i am unsatisfied with the sq i get from ipods. never tried one in a car though. does it bypass the ipod and send the file to the hu? or just function as a line in with remote control? either way i think if the tape adapter is sounding better then there's probably something wrong with the cd player or adapter. but once again i've never tried it

p.s. dont waste your time cybe. adam always digs himself into holes

Otherwise, please state your logic for an iPod (digital medium) not being able to match the quality of a CD recording (digital medium)

If not compressed formats being the culprit, blame the headunit and transducer's ability(-ies) to reproduce the frequency spectrum, and I might add that the iPod is capable from A-Z of retaining (and outputting) every bit of musical data that a CD is capable of holding;

p0net!

If the music sounds better through your cassette adapter, perhaps the lossiness of the adaptor is preventing the [system] from accurately reprocuding the distortion in your mp3s. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

x2...Id rep you but...you know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well if you have an IPOD with your whole Library and need to get it set up with your CD player what do you reccomend....

I will Dispute that I WAS STUNNED at the Sound Quality of a freaking tape adapter had over a CD..and I know I am not alone on that one....Even the Loudness and Clarity of the Music was better than a New CD when I plugged my $19 tape adapter into this rental cars stereo....Not that they are Rocket Scientists but the dudes at Curcuit city claimed the same thing before I bought it....I said "YES RIGHT"..but was stunnned he did not try to sell me the more expensive FM Tuner Kit.....SURE ENOUGH....It Had AMAZING SQ!!!!

Any ideas for a pioneer 9400MP CD PLAYER IPOD ADAPTER that "Does not ****!"

-DON

My whole argument or point was that I can't see sound coming from a tape deck, regardless of the source being played through it, sounding as good as a compact disc being played on a CD player. I didn't mean to start a HOSTILE argument with you Cybe, just a friendly debate. I hope you didn't take it as that.

As for Eugene,

p.s. dont waste your time cybe. adam always digs himself into holes
Speaking of holes...........kiss the one between my butt cheeks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Depression

10+ year member
ISSUES
Depression
Los Angeles?PEBBLE BEACH NOW
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date