what Car Batteries do I need to buy for competition system

greenstar

Hi guys, can any of you tell me a bit about Car/Truck Batteries for a competition good nice loud sound system?

Basically, I have a big Ford F450 heavy diesel work truck. I need two new batteries for it. I want to install a few amps and have some outdoor speakers as well, and have good bass in the truck. I want to be able to run some 100' speaker wires and also have two speakers out in the yard sometimes, and be able to run the sound-system all day listening to music, and have my best chances of still being able to get the truck then started back up at the end of the day so I can get home!!, and also re-charging the batteries!!

Is "deep-cell" marine batteries what people use for this??

I was going to maybe go for two new Interstate Deep-Cell Commercial batteries... But I think they want like $350 each for them!!??? I figured I should do my research though first..and ask some of you guys.

Its a big diesel engine and is sometimes tough to start in winter so I need strong batteries.

I want big sound for hours upon hours though!! We work outdoors doing tree work! In summer we want good tunes and good vibes on the jobsites!!

Mylows, can you tell me a little about these batteries, like what makes them better? Also how long will they last, how much are they, and are they ok for a huge 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel truck?

Thanks man

Interstate number DCM0100, 100ah deep cycle AGM's
UnderFire, are those both Interstate batteries?? is the 100ah deep cycle AGM a different brand as well?

Guys, I wish there was something I could read about batteries... It seems like XS Power has some revolutionary technology?? They're what..almost $500 each? Do they hold up and last long?

I know Interstates have a good reputation for work trucks.

Do these pretty much all use the same deep cycle technology?? smh..

Mylows, XS Power's Vehicle Application Guide is saying two D6500 3000 Watt Batteries at $489.99 each

I would like to learn which batteries are going to serve me best, which will last in this truck, and harsh long cold New England winters, and at what price?

What's the difference between them all?

UnderFire, are those both Interstate batteries?? is the 100ah deep cycle AGM a different brand as well?Guys, I wish there was something I could read about batteries... It seems like XS Power has some revolutionary technology?? They're what..almost $500 each? Do they hold up and last long?

No. They don't. There are dozens of battery manufacturers (if not a few hundred) and there are far fewer build houses than there are manufacturers. In other words, most batteries are made in the same few build houses and the differences are incredibly minor between brands, when we consider materials.

This battery is available at Sam's Club for ~$160.00 and it's the same AGM battery that any number of manufacturers sell for a few hundred dollars more.

So if there is some magical difference between "car audio" agms and standard agms, I don't know what it is, nor does Wikipedia. Only the car audio battery companies know about this Pixy dust and apparently, they can only explain it with word salad. In simple terms, electrons can't read the label on the battery they're flowing through and to boot, they don't even know they're powering up and audio system.

In the end, you'll need at least two 100+AH batteries for a moderate setup in order to do what you plan to do and to be safe, you should have a bank of 2-3 100AH batteries in the back that are dedicated to the audio system and are isolated from the starting batteries because the last thing you need is a low battery when starting a Power Stroke.

UnderFire, are those both Interstate batteries?? is the 100ah deep cycle AGM a different brand as well?Guys, I wish there was something I could read about batteries... It seems like XS Power has some revolutionary technology?? They're what..almost $500 each? Do they hold up and last long?

That's just one battery, the DCM0100 is a 100amp hour deep cycle AGM style batt, it's the biggest AGM from interstate, I've been running one almost a year as my seconday battery, and it hasn't let me down, I'd highly reccomend it, wasn't too spendy either.

And the main difference between car audio batteries and standard car batteries, lower esr and more short circuit amps. Making car audio batteries more powerful than your standard battery. If you don't know what ESR and short circuit amps are, I guess you can consider them magical //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

No. They don't. There are dozens of battery manufacturers (if not a few hundred) and there are far fewer build houses than there are manufacturers. In other words, most batteries are made in the same few build houses and the differences are incredibly minor between brands, when we consider materials.
So if there is some magical difference between "car audio" agms and standard agms, I don't know what it is, nor does Wikipedia. Only the car audio battery companies know about this Pixy dust and apparently, they can only explain it with word salad. In simple terms, electrons can't read the label on the battery they're flowing through and to boot, they don't even know they're powering up and audio system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.