What can power what???

i gave my dual 200w RMS(400w rms total) subs about 80w rms each (160w RMS total) and it's been with me for 8 years now. Course, now I send it a total of 475w rms each.

As for powering a system with just one amp, I COULD also make my old 160w rms amp power two components and one sub, just a simple 2 channel amp. The comps would see 2ohms, while the sub would be a 4ohm mono load. (amp without any filter, dedicated passive crossovers required for each speaker)

Similarly, you could run 6 channels off a 4channel. So long as the final ohmload is 4ohm mono, I could fit in how many subs I want.

RMS stands for
Root Means Squared

and capone, you need to get a little more education before you EXPLODE, you can send a sub half the power if you **** well want to, it will perform fine, just don't expect max spl out of it if that is what you are going for....example, i am tossing 150 watts to my rear sub and it will take 400, does that matter at all, no, it sounds great and as a matter of fact i have earned myslef 2 second place finishes and a 1st in local Sq shows....Even with actual iasca judging....cap spl at 130db etc.

Obviously if he's telling you about response curves and sensitivity you should listen to aviod making uneducated answeres.

And yes a midbass drivers are a must unless your specialty happens to be box design....mine is not...so i need them...i run 2 4 channels in my car, it is a much more flexible way to run speakers/ subwoofers....but again thats me....i also have a sub up front so i need the flexiblity for tuning reasons.
quote me on where i said u have to send a sub theyr RMS. Didnt i just post before u saying how its obvious u dont need to send the sub the RMS to get it moving. And when did i make a comment about the response curves she was talking about i believe i said "i know nothing about response curves and sensitivity" Blah blah blah try to prove a meaningless point see what u get outa it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

"Now why would u want to have a 600wrms sub and only send it half of its handling power. "

you said that did you not????

sounds like you are saying you have to send it it's rms. to me....

"Now why would u want to have a 600wrms sub and only send it half of its handling power. "

you said that did you not????

sounds like you are saying you have to send it it's rms. to me....
WANT! theres a different between wanting to and having to. ahhh im done with this thread. i feel stupid about arguing over nothing and jackin this guys thread.peace.

i feel stupid about arguing over nothing and jackin this guys thread.peace.
That's funny...if I were you, I'd feel stupid about pretending to know about things that I really didn't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Boy this sure is getting funning, but if you want to really get down to the nitty gritty, if you build a complex enough high quality passive network you can power an entire audio system with your choose of the number of speakers in it with a single 2 channel amp proved the amp is powerful enough and can handle the impedence load. It has been done before in competition and the vehicle which was a chevy blazer was undefeated for quite awhile. You older guys will know which one I'm talking about, he used all JL speakers and subs in a variable volume box and a single PPI amp I believe it was..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Boy this sure is getting funning, but if you want to really get down to the nitty gritty, if you build a complex enough high quality passive network you can power an entire audio system with your choose of the number of speakers in it with a single 2 channel amp proved the amp is powerful enough and can handle the impedence load. It has been done before in competition and the vehicle which was a chevy blazer was undefeated for quite awhile. You older guys will know which one I'm talking about, he used all JL speakers and subs in a variable volume box and a single PPI amp I believe it was..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I've seen the SMALLEST HCCA amp power 2 components and dual 15" subs. It was amazing (remember, this was in 1995, and 200~300w was amazing power)

i gave my dual 200w RMS(400w rms total) subs about 80w rms each (160w RMS total) and it's been with me for 8 years now. Course, now I send it a total of 475w rms each.
As for powering a system with just one amp, I COULD also make my old 160w rms amp power two components and one sub, just a simple 2 channel amp. The comps would see 2ohms, while the sub would be a 4ohm mono load. (amp without any filter, dedicated passive crossovers required for each speaker)

Similarly, you could run 6 channels off a 4channel. So long as the final ohmload is 4ohm mono, I could fit in how many subs I want.
Is this something that has to be built into the amp's features or will it work with any two bridgeable channels?
btw, Azngurlbaybee is my new hero //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Is this something that has to be built into the amp's features or will it work with any two bridgeable channels?
btw, Azngurlbaybee is my new hero //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
i had he notion that any 2 channel bridgable ampp could do this. Again, you need separate xovers, filters.

and yes, azngurlbaybee has improved her knowledge extensively while her stay here..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what does RMS stand for exactly. i dont know but i do kno that the "R" stands for RECOMMENDED.
Oh my god...you've got to be kidding...
I was just checking back on this thread for more info on the mixed-mono information and saw this response for the first time...Wow, you're really fooling a lot of people on this board into thinking you actually know a lot about car audio.

ok..cant u just wire a shitload of speakers parrallel off s 450x2 amp so u get 4 speakers/450w thats a lil over 100 a piece and then 450w for the sub....cant u do that?dont diss capone.hes trying to help so stfu...and i dont see why u cant just wire speakers parallel and then run em off 1 channel if its got enough power?oh 5 channel amps work nice too.

Giving incorrect information doesn't really help anyone...

A lot of us made mistakes along the way because we got bad advice from people who pretended to know more than they did either here on the board or from those stupid people at Best Buy.

Sure, you're allowed to make the same mistakes I did but it would save you a lot of money and time if you listen to people who've had the experience...

And yes, you can run all sorts of speakers off one amp as long as your amp can handle the resultant ohm load--think about the crossovers in your component speakers set. The guy at the following link is running 32 speakers per amp channel:

partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/Kuze3201/Kuze3201.html

A lot of us made mistakes along the way because we got bad advice from people who pretended to know more than they did either here on the board or from those stupid people at Best Buy.

Sure, you're allowed to make the same mistakes I did but it would save you a lot of money and time if you listen to people who've had the experience...

And yes, you can run all sorts of speakers off one amp as long as your amp can handle the resultant ohm load--think about the crossovers in your component speakers set. The guy at the following link is running 32 speakers per amp channel:

partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/Kuze3201/Kuze3201.html
i might just work at BB soon...hopefully making more than CHRIS'S 5$...silly silly man.anyway that solves the dude's problem dont it....he CAN run his whole setup off of one amp....oh i smurt...i smurt...now if only i can understand women.....hmmm id be god..GOD I SAY!!!!!!!!

where did i give wrong info.

so i made the mistake of thinking that the R meant recomended. So when u see the word RMS next to a woofer do u think. ROOTS MEANS SQUARED. or do u think the Recomended watage to send the woofer.

So after all this u still gona disagree with me that its hard to power a whole system with 1 amp? :thumbsdow

but what am i saying.....I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CAR AUDIO!! :hilarious

where did i give wrong info. so i made the mistake of thinking that the R meant recomended. So when u see the word RMS next to a woofer do u think. ROOTS MEANS SQUARED. or do u think the Recomended watage to send the woofer.

So after all this u still gona disagree with me that its hard to power a whole system with 1 amp? :thumbsdow

but what am i saying.....I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CAR AUDIO!! :hilarious
they cant say it cant be powered w/ 1 amp.i just showed it could be done. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif oh i love these smileys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.