What brand should I go with?

Participant count
  • Participant list

aj813
10+ year member

I'm want to build a nice system for my car but I want to stick to one brand for everything in my car. (speakers, amps, and subs). I was looking into putting rf power series but everybody says I can find better for cheaper. Started looking into soundstream but not too many reviews on there products. Any suggestions? Money isn't really too much of an issue, just want my car to be heard coming from down the block. (02 Honda accord, 2dr)

IMO there is no company out there where I would run their full line of products. Maybe Image Dynamics, but I dont know how well their quality has held up since being bought by Powerbass.
pretty much exactly what i was gonna get at. your gonna be hard pressed to find a company that makes great products all across the board

Ok how about subs and amps? Speakers I can go wit a different brand but which brand stand out for each? I would prefer to stick with a matching subs and amp

Your box is far far more important than the brands of subs and amps you will be running. 99.9% of newbies do not know this and simply look for the best brand, which appears to be what you are doing.

Regardless of brands, if you want to run big power, you will need to upgrade your electrical system (alternator, battery, big 3 wiring) and this will quickly run up the bill. If you don't upgrade thse things, you will be severely limited.

Mix and match. You be happiest that way. Generally companies have one type of product that is better than the rest of their line up. You want to get that. Get out of the everything has to be the same mind state.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.