What bass to choose for 335i

Participant count
  • Participant list

nexusdoan

Hi Everyone -

I have stock 2009 BMW 335i setup and would like to add a subwoofer.

Something that has a strong preference towards electronic music.

A couple questions:

Does the BMW unit have an output for an external amp?

What kind small form factor pre-made sub should I go for? I was looking at the short almost flat ones. They are going for about $400.

It's a convertible so space would be taken up for a tradional ones.

Thanks

Dude I got a 2011 328i M-sport.

To answer your question. Depends on HOW MUCH BASS you want.

If you just want a "bit more punch" than the factory system. Than I would say add a seperate mono subwoofer amp.. and replace the stock subs with some 8' earthquake subs that are pretty much GREAT fits for the e90 Bmws.

Me personally I LIKE BASS I want to feel it in my chest. So I got a SUNDOWN SA-12 in a custom ported box hooked up to a Old skool Memphis st-1000.

The rest of my system is factory as I have the Harmon Kardon Logic 7 system. I probably will upgrade the mids and highs later.

What you REALLY need to do is go on the E90 forum. and readup on the audio threads. their is a MEMBER name Technic. That makes CUSTOM wiring harness for BMWs so that you do NOT have to cut any wires to add an external amp. YES I bought my harness from him.

Hi Everyone -
I have stock 2009 BMW 335i setup and would like to add a subwoofer.

Something that has a strong preference towards electronic music.

A couple questions:

Does the BMW unit have an output for an external amp?

What kind small form factor pre-made sub should I go for? I was looking at the short almost flat ones. They are going for about $400.

It's a convertible so space would be taken up for a tradional ones.

Thanks

Hey Guys -

I contacted Technic and will be getting the harness from him. I also ordered the Earthquake 2 ohm woofers to replace the factory ones under each seat. I tried getting advice from the amps forum with no success on which amp to get.

Earthquake has a discontinued MOSFET amp which seems to pair well with these two. 150 Watt RMS per channel (2-channel) at the 2 ohms each. THD is 0.5 at 2 ohm.

There is a great deal online for $69. MSRP is over $280.

What do you think? Should I get it? Any other recommendations?

Hey Guys -
I contacted Technic and will be getting the harness from him. I also ordered the Earthquake 2 ohm woofers to replace the factory ones under each seat. I tried getting advice from the amps forum with no success on which amp to get.

Earthquake has a discontinued MOSFET amp which seems to pair well with these two. 150 Watt RMS per channel (2-channel) at the 2 ohms each. THD is 0.5 at 2 ohm.

There is a great deal online for $69. MSRP is over $280.

What do you think? Should I get it? Any other recommendations?
earthquake's lower end stuff is pretty crap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.