what are some good components between $200-$400

The ones I would have considered are Focal Polyglass 165 V30 and Hybrid Audio Unity. If you check the online prices, the Focals are usually more expensive. However, sometimes they're available at local dealers for $400 or less. Hybrid Audio Unity is just like HAT Imagine, but with a more robust crossover box and a better tweeter. JL Audio C5 is another good component set in your price range. One advantage that JLs have if your car has oval speaker holes is that they come in round and oval form factors (5x7).

hey zig ,if you wanna really nice set i can set you up with what i have but only 1 set of tweets ,but it will cost 600 shipped .es6mo mids ,es 010 tweets ,and the ex 530 xovers ,might be able to get it down 550 if any thing is on sale

thats what you run in your truck? i want a setup that is really going to sound awesome for a decent price. the reason i set the budget at 200-400 is cuz iv spent 14000 i the past week and a half lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif but i would rather spend the money and get a setup that im really going to like. do you have some vids of you truck, you really got me interested in what you just suggested!

If you want your speakers to sound awesome, start with a good _budget_ set of speakers, such as HAT Imagine, and run them active with JBL MS-8. This will sound better than running a set of good >600 dollar speakers with their passive crossover. The MS-8 will automatically tune its 31 band equalizer, amplifier gains, and time alignment for your car's acoustics. If you have center channel and rear speakers it can utilize that too by providing a car optimized 5.1 signal to them. Just mentioning.. I know this is not what you're looking for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.