What Amp to use...

Participant count
  • Participant list

SPuDS

OK, please dont laff at me, but...Im starting off with a Blaupunkt 55 x 4 deck and I own 2 1o inch 125 RMS MTX road thunder subs..never been used. I need to know realistically what amp could power these well, and what wattage for the amp I should use. I honestly have no clue...I was assuming 200 watt amp wouldnt be over kill would it? I also could use some ideas for a name brand, and please dont suggest to get better subs..as if I were to buy new ones..all i could afford would be 500 watt 12 inch jensens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif so please give me some ideas..I could definately use some help.

Your equipment sounds fine. MTX makes quality stuff, besides, you've gotta start somewhere. What kind of $$ are you wanting to spend? Do you have an enclosure for the subs?

a 200 watt amp would do the job well. if you got the cash, step it up to a 250 watt amp, a fosgate 250.2 or 250a2 is pretty cheap. if you can't fork over any extra money, you'll still be fine tho.

my dad is a carpenter, so im going to get him to build me a box, and cash really isn't an object at this point.. Im just trying to get an idea as to which wattage Ill need to power the subs. Hopefully I wont have to spend more then 200-400$ but I if I need to go higher, I can

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.