what amp to buy

Participant count
  • Participant list

weezer7611

texas
I just picked up a pair of eclipse 10's for 159 a piece (not too bad), but now i've got sort of a problem. what's the best way to amp 2 500 watt rms subs with 4 ohm nominal impedence? should i get 2 smaller amps or just get one massive 1000 watt job? and what brand amp is best for the price? for the record i'm all about sound quality, so i need something clean. right now i'm thinking about mtx or jl amps. any ideas?

Jason

if you want clean watts then go with jl. i would like to give you my opinion on the subs but do you mean 2500 watts rms for the pair or for each? Write back.

Kable

no, i have 2, 10 inch eclipse aluminum series subs. they each are 500 watts rms, and have a 4 ohm nominal impedence. my question is really two-fold. first, what amp is gonna give me the best sound (but not cost me a testicle)?, and then once we have established that, should i get one huge amp that pushes 1000 watts or so, or get 2 smaller amps, one for each sub? thanks for the help,

Jason

i would recomend the jbl 1200.1 (not to bad for the price)if the subs are dvc you can run tehm at one ohm to get enough power if they ar svc then you should still be able to get almost enough power out of it. a few hundred watts to 2 subs wont make much a a difference in your spl the cheapest ive found this amp was a etronics.com for 309 i think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.