What AMP Specifications fit my system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mikey
10+ year member

I have this:

Pioneer DEH-P7300 (extra info removed from description)

MOSFET 50x4 - 4-Channel High Power Sub-Out LPF (50/80/125Hz, -18dB/Oct.)

HPF Crossover

Sub-Out Level (-12dB to +12dB) and Phase Control

Hi-Volt RCA Preouts (x3 pair) (Front/Rear + Subwoofer or Non-Fading) (4V)
with,

Infinity Kappa Perfect6.1

Power Handling, RMS: 100 Watts Power Handling, Peak: 400 Watts

Frequency Response (±3dB): 75Hz - 23kHz

Sensitivity: 90dB

Impedance: 4 Ohms

Crossover Frequency(ies): 3.5kHz, 24dB/oct

and I will be adding rear speakers later on, but for now leaving the stock ones in.

I want to know what specifications are appropriate for this car audio,

e.g.:

1) when im looking for an appropriate amp, what ohm level should i be reading it at?

2) how many channels do i need as a minimum?

3) what wattage should i have per channel as a minimum? if i have to worry about blowing my stock rear speakers i will unhook them

Thanks a lot, and if you have any time you can contact me in the following ways:

AIM: hitmikey

EMAIL: hitmikey@aol.com

For the speakers I wouldnt run too much under the 100 watts they are supposed to have. PPI would be my first pick Fosgate makes a decent amp etc.etc.

Rear speakers can be used but I would simply run them off the deck, however I wouldnt bother to replace the rears unless your deck cooks them(my preference) since for a sound stage you want most of your sound from the front anyway.

If you want to power rear speakers via amp I would either get two seperate amps more for the front and less for the rear or get a 6 channel amp like 50x6 use four for the front and two for the rear.(again my preference)

Mike

Yea that what I was thinking, running the rears through the HU... and the PPI my brother has one, its just really expensive an dI dont know which model to try and get.

Mike

Well PPI is generally underrated but it differs in how much from amp to amp.. I would get the one thats 125x2 which will be plenty and not over power the comps..besides you don't have to turn it up and use all the power. Take a look at the prices at this place..its probably the cheapest place I come across and they are trustworthy (have bought a few things from them)

--> http://carmedia1.com

Mike

OK I've come to the conclusion that I need a decent amp that operates like this:

100(+)Wx4 @ 2 Ohms.

Do you know of an amp that fits these specs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.