What 10 is like my Sundown SA-15?

I actually wanted to get it orderd up before I get the truck. I am fine working with abouts. After port and sub displacement I just dont see fitting a 12 so im going to stick with a 10 and be ready for the truck.
why not use a aero port?

Perfect! 

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

I kind of figured the sa10 would be a step down from the 15 since they have the same motor, right?

you said similiar

getting a 10 to sound and be as loud as a 15 can be hard. Gotta use a beefy sub with some power

why not use a aero port?
Because the last one I tried to used I failed bad lol

you said similiar getting a 10 to sound and be as loud as a 15 can be hard. Gotta use a beefy sub with some power
True. I mean similar in output. I really dont want anything less than what I had but close to will be just fine. I figure with the cabin gain from being so small I can be about there with a 10

15 is going to move more air. It's naturally going to be louder than anything smaller(As long as same power and box quality are there).

The only way you're going to see (maybe) the same results is if you add power. Which means you have to go with a beefy 10. I suggest looking in the classifieds or have

@SPLaudio ; build you one. But even then, you're going to miss the lower end that your 15 gave you; if it was in a proper enclosure and seeing its full potentional.

The 15 is only on 600 watts which is why I am going to almost triple it. I highly doubt my 15 is at full potential, im not that good of a box builder. It does sound great though.

Thanks for the advice I will get a hold of that guy and see what he has to say.

[/color]

I kind of figured the sa10 would be a step down from the 15 since they have the same motor, right?
Going from a 15 to a 10 is a step down itself"....... To get as loud as the 15 your gona need more power...then more amperage batteries alt wiring it all adds up!

Hope you got a box builder who can figure your cabin gain... Box will play a HUGE roll...

It is going to be hard to get a 10 as loud as your 15, but you can still get loud. I would really try fitting a 12. If you do a 10, I would try to fit it behind the seats, not in the center console. Here is my SSA Icon 10 in my regular cab chevy.

It has low mounting depth which is perfect for behind the seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.