Wet Sandingg

Nah, your still removing material when wet sanding. Just very minute amounts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
oo..they told me at diyaudio.com that wet sanding polishes the surface with the particles that you take off (the wet sanded particles make like a polish with the water)...

I don't know about all that. You still need to buff after all the sanding is done. When I hear the term polishing in reference to finishing paint. To me It's the last step to remove all the little teeny tiny scratches that are left behind by the wet sanding.

Since the sand on the paper is harder than the paint it will indeed remove paint. Really light grit sandpaper (say like 4000+) is almost like buffing compound which has small granules to remove material as well--just not much of it. Of course the sandpaper has a lot more surface and therefore removes material quicker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NhustlaR

10+ year member
Below me
NhustlaR
Brockport, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date