well what the heck happened?

Participant count
  • Participant list

goingdef
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Norfolk VA
voltage was at 13.6 and it was 3/4 of the way up there was a slight pause then it all came back along with a TON of smoke? Can this be fixed or just toss it on ebay as for repair?

SAM_0164.jpg

SAM_0163.jpg

It's only burned on the power input side/speaker output can it be fixed and if so about how much do you guy's think?

Sorry to hear this happened man... Amps can do some weird **** sometimes.
It still plays? Are any of the levels off?
I haven't hooked it back up since I opened it up but it was still going pretty hard with smoke rolling when I caught it!

Shake it back and forth do you hear anything rolling around underneath the board?
no no rattles but a few of those fet things legs are blown off the black part and melted along with a sticky black substance around them?

another thing is there is a sticker on the bottom showing a previous repair job and when I looked when I first bought it there was a burned area, it was the same area that has burned now but now both sides.

man everyone had problems this week. maybe it was the allignment of the moon. send that to steve at amp medics. but i would sell it blown and get a better amp. i wouldnt be selling my 3k but i need da casharoo

man everyone had problems this week. maybe it was the allignment of the moon. send that to steve at amp medics. but i would sell it blown and get a better amp. i wouldnt be selling my 3k but i need da casharoo
what do you suppose it's worth?

another thing is there is a sticker on the bottom showing a previous repair job and when I looked when I first bought it there was a burned area, it was the same area that has burned now but now both sides.
Wish I knew more about amps/repair one of the components has gone and started throwing off heat. That sticky stuff is the melted board... I believe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

goingdef

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
goingdef
Norfolk VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date