Well put the "big" box in!

orangelss
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Sedalia
Finally put the "big" box in my little car. It's 3.25cft tuned to 28hz. The sub is a TC Sounds proto-type driver. Very stiff cone, soft suspension, 3" coil, motor would best be described as a cross between the TC9 and a 3HP. Picked it up from photocraz on here. I have it on a Sundown 1500d @ 2ohms. Would guess 600w with the gain settings currently. This thing needs very little power to get loud. Sub will reach 22hz with-out unloading and has great pitch and note distinction. Not a one note groan monster. Near perfect sub for the type of music I listen too. Nickleback, Theory of a Dead Man, Seether, Metalica!! Just need to machine a grill for it now.

speaker1004.jpg

speaker1002.jpg

speaker1003.jpg

speaker1001.jpg

Yeah wish the rest of the car was the bright cherry red. Might have to finally get it painted also. That poor cars been through hell.

Yep, that focus has had more set-ups in it. My buddy bought it new and when he passed away I bought it. Its a 05 with 156,000 on it. Need some interior parts if anyone knows of a wrecked one.

Picking up some alum to weld up a amp rack for the spare tire well. Sundown 1500d, 125.2, 50.4. Bi-amping the front stage.

so you like ported boxes for listening to rock and metal? i really should go ported...
Ported works very well for rock music. I've done a DD tuned to 42Hz and it sounded very good on rock. I normally do 38Hz for my AQ's and primarily listen to rock/metal. GF has a Q in a ported box that also sounds very good on rock.

To save the thread jack: Port looks very cool. How did you verify the output at 22Hz?

With all those screws I'm guessing the port can be removed and made larger but shorter for higher tuning and competition use, am I right? I've always wanted to make a box that could incorporate removable ports, I'm too lazy to though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Ported works very well for rock music. I've done a DD tuned to 42Hz and it sounded very good on rock. I normally do 38Hz for my AQ's and primarily listen to rock/metal. GF has a Q in a ported box that also sounds very good on rock.
To save the thread jack: Port looks very cool. How did you verify the output at 22Hz?
I have a portable 140db spl meter. Used it and a set of test tones. Was setting the sub=sonic filter.

I have several ports tht can be interchanged in the box. When my buddy had it built their was a 28hz port and a 50hz port. I have made 3 more for it a 33/38/40hz ports. As loong as the subs like between 3cft and 3.5cft I can swap out ports to get close to the subs optimal or I can just put the flat face in and run it sealed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.