Weeks or research have led me to this. CDT+ Arc Audio. Right decision?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Been on here and lots of places for the last 3 weeks researching to design my system. I was gonna wait until I could order it all including subs and what not but instead I'm going to just order my comp set+ amp now cause I have just enough money to and cant wait longer lol. Anyhow, I drive a 08 Camry ( may be getting new vehicle soon but whatever ) and I already have a HU - pioneer 2500 bt touch screen. Now I'm gonna order my speakers. I have found the best bang for my buck possible will be this.

6.5" comp set= CDT Audio CL-61A.2-25 PRO 2 ohm set

Amp= Arc Audio FD2100 ( 95X2 rms @ 2 ohms )

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-9425-cl-61a2-25-profd2100-cdt-audioarc-audio-65-component-sound-quality-package.aspx

$250 for both together!

Rear fill= Polk Audio db 6.5" coaxils. $57 off amazon

So for my comp set + amp for comps and rear fill will total $307 shipped. I like the fact that the comp set is 2 ohms so I can get the most out of my amp and I trust arc audio to put out good clean true power. Is there any better possible setup for $300ish I could get than this that would include a amp, comp set and rear fill speakers?

The only other set up for around the same money would be

6.5" Comp set = Polk Audio db $115

Comp Amp= Cadence XAH 125 ( 80X2 rms @ 4 ohms ) $82

Rear fill= Polk db coaxils= $57

This set would actually be cheaper at $244

I assume the polks are nowhere near the cdt set and the cadence amp nowhere near the arc amp or am I wrong?

So the rear fill will b playing off the headunit?....if so i wouldnt bother changing the rear and put more money into the front because just off hu power there wont b much of a difference between the polks and ur stock speakers.....put that extra cash towards a 4 channel and run the front active

So the rear fill will b playing off the headunit?....if so i wouldnt bother changing the rear and put more money into the front because just off hu power there wont b much of a difference between the polks and ur stock speakers.....put that extra cash towards a 4 channel and run the front active
I had considered going active before I came to this. If I did do that instead and I bought separate tweets and mids do you hook them up straight to the amp? Also what if tweets come with a inline crossover? Do you not use it or what? I figure if I do go active I would cross my mids from 80-4000 and my tweets from 3800 hz up to have a little crossover. Another thing. If I use a 4 channel amp for tweets and mids up front and use my rear channel on my hu for rear fill if I fade to the front will it be just my tweets and mids or does the 4 channel amp use both the front and the rear pre outs?

Those are old, discontinued speakers and it's most likely the same story with the amp. This means you're totally reliant on the seller for warranty service. The price is so low because they want to get rid of old stock.

You can get a low budget speaker and amp combo with the latest CDT speakers and a different amp. The COM626-CR package has 6.5" components with matching 6.5" coaxials for rear fill. I wouldn't be able to match $300 for speakers and an amp, but I could come up with a very reasonable, great sounding package. If you skipped the rear speakers I recommend the JBL P660C for the front. You could run that active, too.

Those are old, discontinued speakers and it's most likely the same story with the amp. This means you're totally reliant on the seller for warranty service. The price is so low because they want to get rid of old stock.
You can get a low budget speaker and amp combo with the latest CDT speakers and a different amp. The COM626-CR package has 6.5" components with matching 6.5" coaxials for rear fill. I wouldn't be able to match $300 for speakers and an amp, but I could come up with a very reasonable, great sounding package. If you skipped the rear speakers I recommend the JBL P660C for the front. You could run that active, too.
I did a little homework on that JBL set. People have said great things about them on the reviews I have found. Honestly, I think it would be easier just to use the passive crossovers that come with the set and a good clean amp that puts out around 80-100 rms @ 2 ohms stereo. If I decide to go active I'll do it when I can do it the right way. Electronic crossover, 3 Way setup with a couple amps. I just want a nice loud clean sounding 2 way comp set ready to hook up and go! You got any deals on some amps that put out around 100 rms at 2 ohms for a good deal? It can be a little over $300 for comps + amp. especially if I can get good service and a warranty. I could maybe wait just 1 more week for my next check and step it up to 400-500 but idk, I been looking so long I'm ready to get something lol.

My lower cost amps make a lot more than 100W per channel at 2 ohms, but you'll be fine if you keep the gain low. This one is a great bargain. I have the i350.2 and P660C in stock. I'd do $275 shipped for the package.

My lower cost amps make a lot more than 100W per channel at 2 ohms, but you'll be fine if you keep the gain low. This one is a great bargain. I have the i350.2 and P660C in stock. I'd do $275 shipped for the package.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

HoovaDeuce 82
Ft.Worth, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
trumpet
1714321195129.png