Want to retire Kicker DS 4x6 and 6.5

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xplicit559

I want to get better sound, not that i hate my kicker ds's but i know i can get better sound out of newer better speakers. I'm thinking of staying with Coaxials but if i can get a component set at a reasonable price, i wouldnt say no. I was looking at Cadence brand speakers and Infinitys. What do you guys think? Recommendations? BTW does anyone riding an S10 use the back pillars with the 4x10's? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4x10's almost always **** asz. I have seen some ppl modify those locations and put 6x9's there. but if you have the vehicle with the 4x6's in dash and 6's in doors I would just leave the rears out of the equation. Do you have any amps pushing the speakers in there? what kind of deck?

My S10 came with the 4x10's and 6.5's connected to the stock HU. But i bought a Kenwood Excelon HU and instead of hooking the 4x10s, i installed 4x6's in the dash with the 6.5's acting as my rears. No amp powering, they are running off of 18 rms from the HU.

without an amp you would be able to run 3 pairs of speakers off the deck anyway. I would just forget about the rears. As for upgrades I would suggest going to and brick and mortar shop and listen to some stuff. There is so much difference in sound between manufacturers. although you may want to wait for another month or so before because all the new 2014 stuff is still trickling slowly out. some stuff will be carry over from 2013 but some wont and if you want the latest wait a little bit.

Sounds good, any brands you suggest? I saw a post where Cadence was suggested, and looked up some youtube videos. They looked pretty good and sounded good. The problem that i'm seeing is that i'm ordering a sub and amp combo from Sundown. And i don't want to be THAT guy that you only hear bass out of his system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.