want to buy BUTLER TUBE amp but HELP

You need to seek out a professional installer. It sounds like you want to drop big coin but you don't know what to do with it. Instead of putting all this gear into your vehicle and having a hot mess to sort out I think you should spend some money toward expert tuning. Remember KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

You've heard that.....but have you ever actually heard one? If not, then you have absolutely no grounds to make that statement.
No, I have not actually heard one. Freakin' a, is it that big of a deal? I told everyone, in my post, that I had HEARD that from a friend, not that it was fact or anything similar. I figured most people are smart enough to figure out that I hadn't actually heard any Butler amps, and to take my statement accordingly.

It is a big deal actually. You may indirectly persuade people away from a product based on zero facts. Going by hearsay from someone else. And another question would be is if your friend has ever heard a true audiophile grade tube amp to be able to compare the Butler to, to be able to quantify that it doesn't have the "warmth" that a normal tube does.

Let me know when you get this up and going, I'd like to hear it in person //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It is a big deal actually. You may indirectly persuade people away from a product based on zero facts. Going by hearsay from someone else. And another question would be is if your friend has ever heard a true audiophile grade tube amp to be able to compare the Butler to, to be able to quantify that it doesn't have the "warmth" that a normal tube does.
If people are that easily swayed, then I feel it's their problem and not mine.

BUT, that being said, I know he was seeking a "warm" sounding amp (I've never heard a tube amp, so I'm just using the words everyone else uses) and I had heard that they don't sound warm. My real aim of the post was to encourage him to listen to a Butler amp before he sinks his money into one.

hey guys thanks for all the replys i appreciate it. Yes i want to crossover the mids after the HU before the amp. Ive been wanting to just keep it simple because my DRZ9255 has all the eqin' i need. Or do you think by going with a complete full system processor/crossover setup like the alpine will bring a better sound/imagining etc? i was just thinking of buying a 2way crossover just for the mids. advisable or no? I will see about getting some pics up here soon =D

If a simple 2-way crossover is all you need I'll let you try my Coustic xm3 out. It's a pretty basic good quality active crossover.

The warmth a tube creates is even order harmonic distortion. Original tube amps were, of course, actually tube driven. Today's tube amps like the Butlers are a hybrid, using solid state circuitry to create the power to amplify the signal, while the tube is placed at the input stage to add that even order distortion, which is the tube's only contribution to the circuit. This method does add the 'warmth'. Although Ive heard both tube driven and hybrid amps, I cant split hairs enough to say I could tell one apart from the other in a blind test.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

strkrfan13

10+ year member
strkrfan13
buena park oc. ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from