Wanna try something

The OP clearly doesn't understand that 77 dollars isn't a lot of money in car audio. Hell, the four woofers that I use in my home audio towers cost 70 dollars a piece.

so it turns out ive seen and heard in person the op's system and with his current setup he is around 140db. the mic he metered on is within about 1-2db of a termlab. so to gain 10 he is going to need a one-note-wonder box or spend more money.

so it turns out ive seen and heard in person the op's system and with his current setup he is around 140db. the mic he metered on is within about 1-2db of a termlab. so to gain 10 he is going to need a one-note-wonder box or spend more money.
I can't tell you how much I doubt both of these for a few reasons:
1. If you're truly over 140, then either you know a thing or two about system selection and enclosure design, OR, you've just spent ungodly amounts of money. He has neither.

2. If you want to get to 150, then you have to get to 140 first, and if you're near 150, you wouldn't be making this thread.

3. Two very cheap 12" speakers in a cheap enclosure will not get you to 140dB on 500W each. It just won't. Even then, I highly doubt they're getting 500W a piece anyway. You cannot get a true 1000W @ 1ohm for under 170 dollars, and especially not when it's a Crunch amplifier. Plus, any amplifier that lists its max power rating is clearly electrically overrated since max power ratings are only for people who don't know anything about amplifiers and just want to sound cool.

You cannot get a true 1000W @ 1ohm for under 170 dollars.
I got my Fusion 2500 for $125 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I got a stupid crazy deal obviously!

this guy is probably the OP just using a different name to get people off his ass LOL... OP has abandoned this thread, I think we should do the same. He obvisouly isn't serious about car audio, his system pretty much told me that from the start and then his non willingness to listen and ardueing with people who know what they are talkin about etc... dhouche nozzle for sure and probably some 16 year old kid...

I can't tell you how much I doubt both of these for a few reasons:
1. If you're truly over 140, then either you know a thing or two about system selection and enclosure design, OR, you've just spent ungodly amounts of money. He has neither.

2. If you want to get to 150, then you have to get to 140 first, and if you're near 150, you wouldn't be making this thread.

3. Two very cheap 12" speakers in a cheap enclosure will not get you to 140dB on 500W each. It just won't. Even then, I highly doubt they're getting 500W a piece anyway. You cannot get a true 1000W @ 1ohm for under 170 dollars, and especially not when it's a Crunch amplifier. Plus, any amplifier that lists its max power rating is clearly electrically overrated since max power ratings are only for people who don't know anything about amplifiers and just want to sound cool.
wen i saw him get metered he did like 138-9ish(correct me if im wrong here jake) and as far the the meter is concerned i watched another guy i know put up a 144 flat with 2 btl 18s in a wall then post a 146.X on a termlab an hour later. so im assuming the meter isnt more than 2-3 dbs off at most. however wen i saw jake(op) get metered he had 4 of those 12's in his trunk and that was a few months ago so i couldnt tell you wat hes got going on now

(edit) please do an ip check so im not confused with anybody who likes mobile wiring

fyi at 141 the roof of my car flexes about a half inch each way depending on frequency and my doors move in and out of the frame when closed.

Watch my vids on youtube my system will probably only pull a 141 on a tl, on music.

scored a 144.9 on an audiocontrol spl190 which is about 3-4 db from a tl iirc.

fyi at 141 the roof of my car flexes about a half inch each way depending on frequency and my doors move in and out of the frame when closed.
Watch my vids on youtube my system will probably only pull a 141 on a tl, on music.

flex wont tell you anything

flex wont tell you anything

TRUE! My cadillac doesn't flex a bit!! I did a 143.8 in this video on music. However before I did all of my sound deadening I was only doing a 140.X and had some CRAZY flexing!!

wen i saw him get metered he did like 138-9ish(correct me if im wrong here jake) and as far the the meter is concerned i watched another guy i know put up a 144 flat with 2 btl 18s in a wall then post a 146.X on a termlab an hour later. so im assuming the meter isnt more than 2-3 dbs off at most. however wen i saw jake(op) get metered he had 4 of those 12's in his trunk and that was a few months ago so i couldnt tell you wat hes got going on now(edit) please do an ip check so im not confused with anybody who likes mobile wiring
This is without a doubt the most pathetic score I have ever seen in my life. 2 18" BTLs walled off should be over 150. There is no reason for them not to be.

This is without a doubt the most pathetic score I have ever seen in my life. 2 18" BTLs walled off should be over 150. There is no reason for them not to be.
dude at my last comp did a 148.6 with a SINGLE 18" BTL in a sealed (or REALLY small ported) box on like 4kw or so in an empty Astro...

This thread made me lol..no way op is hitting 141.1.. Not close to 140 even.. My guess is 130-133 at MOST.. There's no way with those subs at that power with that little wire tuned THAT high.. If he's hitting a 140 legal then my farts must be 300+.. there's no way.. And he has no idea what he's Talking about

op needs to invest in better gear.. And not talk ever again till he can get term lab results cuz that meter is way off.. Less they put it in the port or someshit

This thread made me lol..no way op is hitting 141.1.. Not close to 140 even.. My guess is 130-133 at MOST.. There's no way with those subs at that power with that little wire tuned THAT high.. If he's hitting a 140 legal then my farts must be 300+.. there's no way.. And he has no idea what he's Talking about
op needs to invest in better gear.. And not talk ever again till he can get term lab results cuz that meter is way off.. Less they put it in the port or someshit
If 2 12" Prs on 500W is only 3-4 dB different than 2 18" BTLs in a wall, then the meter is just straight up useless.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.