Wait, wait....is my amp stable?

Participant count
  • Participant list

knokinnakamichi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have the nakamichi PA-2004 hooked up to only my subs (can't afford speakers and class D amp right now-already had nak)...

I have it bridged ch1 pos and ch2 neg to one sub and ch3 pos and ch4 neg to another sub (both SVC). The SQ I am getting is breath taking (even with factory infinity speakers/amp). However, is my amp stable at this hook up? I am running 400w x 2 at 4 ohms correct?

Also, the amp has a bunch of tools-and I have all channels set to mono low pass-is this correct for subs ONLY? I have a picture of the amp tools, but this has all you vets/all-stars need to help my dumb arse ( http://www.nakamichi.com/pfv/ICE/Amps/PA2004.htm).

What should I set the input sensitivity at? I'm going to keep the gain to zero as my subs are 350 watts RMS/600 watts max and I don't want to risk blowing them....Also, I don't understand highpass/lowpass, flat etc....Here I'll just include a picture of what I'm looking at...*NOTE:current picture is not how levels are set....
amptoys.jpg

yea your getting the 400x2 if the subs are single vc 4ohm, as for settings go lpf and then set the x-over to around 60hz +- to your liking as for input sensitivity you need to read up on gain setting.

yea your getting the 400x2 if the subs are single vc 4ohm, as for settings go lpf and then set the x-over to around 60hz +- to your liking as for input sensitivity you need to read up on gain setting.
I forgot I bookmarked an article on crutchfield about this...........ty...oh but is it better to adjust the setting on the amp or the HU??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.