Volt meter question

Participant count
  • Participant list
If i run two amps strapped, should i buy two seperate volt meters? I have one at home, and plan on wiring it right into the pos and neg of the amp. Each amp will have two batteries for itself running to it. So im assuming two seperate systems need two seperate volt meters. Any Ideas?

System blue print:

ALT------BATTERY X 2--------Master AMP

/

/

----BATTERY X 2-------Slave amp

I would hazard a guess, as they're two different circuits at any one point in time that could have two different voltages. If that's something you'd want to monitor you'd need two voltmeters.

You could a always just take one, or a multimeter and hook it up to each to see with the music off to sere if this theory holds true. If you end up running two be sure to synchronize their calibration.

Voltage with music off is irr re levant the circuit will be the same voltage at all poi ts. Under load is where the drops start and the only way to get different readings In the same circuit is with current flow, proportionally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.