volfenhag speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

CPatty10
10+ year member

okay, I was looking to buy a system in which includes a "12 Volfenhag Subwoofer. This speaker pumps 1000 watt max and i was going to run a 1000 watt amp with it. I will put the sub in a homemade two cubic foot box, I designed myself. I only plan on running about 500 watts at a time though. I also want to install a nice head unit, something like a JVC el kameleon or around that quality. I want to know if this sounds like a good setup to install in my car. What do you think I should or shouldn't change? Will I have good sound quality? Please Reply

Well, you names 2 components in your entire system, so it is rather hard to critique your setup based on the assumptions of a good amp, mids/highs, crossover,etc.

Of the two products you did name, I would have to reccomend that you DO NOT use the Volfenhag woofers. Thier specs and design closely resemble those of the Pyramid Hyper-Pro. Pyramid is synonymous with unreliability and poor performance, so it is also safe to say that the volfenhag may also share the same. Personally, I was not impressed in the least with the Volfenhags- they seemed very muddy and sloppy sounding. There are several better choices out there...

Have a look at these:

Adire Audio Shiva

Alpine Type R

Phoenix Gold Xmax

JL Audio W3

Eclipse 8700 series

take it easy,

-zane

Personally, I was not impressed in the least with the Volfenhags- they seemed very muddy and sloppy sounding.
I'll second that, my sister has a pair of Volfenhag 12's in her car, and I couldn't believe how much she had paid for them and how crappy they sounded, Zane you hit the nail on the head, I thought my bazookas sounded much better than the Volfenhag's. They look like nice speakers, but looks aren't everything. I was fooled, until I heard them, and the price she paid was ridiculous.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.