Viper 791xv question?

Sup everyone, new to the forum.....just got my Viper 791xv installed today and I got a couple of questions.

Can anyone explain to me how the "Failsafe Starter Kill" works?

Also the "Stinger DoubleGuard Shock Sensor"? (where is it most likely put and how it works?)

I also read that the ^S.D.S.S.^ is a hood pin??? I dont get this. Can anyone explain this all to me?

thanx yall i really appreciate it.

J

the starter kill is basically a relay that doesnt allow them to start the car (cuts the power to the starter)

the shock sensor is what detects the "shock" or impact of someone hitting/smashing windows, door panels, or whatever.

The hood pin detects the opening of the hood to cut the battery wires

first off the hood pin is not the shock sensor...

and on the 791 the starter kill relay is built into the relay box for the remote start... it's about 2x3 inches... and about ½" thick... as long as the alarm is armed you cannot crank the car with the key... but you can remote start it while armed...

as far as the shock sensor... depends on the installer... i zip tie mine to a tight harness or metal bar in the dash that i can access later for adjusting... but i don't have it where it can hang by your feet

first off the hood pin is not the shock sensor...
and on the 791 the starter kill relay is built into the relay box for the remote start... it's about 2x3 inches... and about ½" thick... as long as the alarm is armed you cannot crank the car with the key... but you can remote start it while armed...

as far as the shock sensor... depends on the installer... i zip tie mine to a tight harness or metal bar in the dash that i can access later for adjusting... but i don't have it where it can hang by your feet
hey I know you work at CC or BB (i believes its CC?) anyways about the shock sensor, I have a compustar and I could never get the shock sensor to go off, i assumed the knob was on 0 or something (if there even is a knob) i mean I could push and shake the car and nothing would happen. today i was playing bball and the ball hit the hood and it chirped fou times (which is the first stage of shock sensor or whatever)

does this mean that the car doesnt pick up on me like pushing the car, but its more of a hard impact like a bat would make? i figured the sensor just pickedu p on the car moving out of its original position. thanks for the help!

p.s. hopefully im not thread jacking, this might be a help to the original poster!

the shock sensor will not go off if you are rocking or pushing the car only if you hit it.

i think with your alarm you have to ajust the shock sensor through the alarm remote. i think it is a gay way to do it but they use it that way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.