Viper 791xv, driver door not locking by fob or switch now, R.A.P tied into disarm

Participant count
  • Participant list

fox_forma
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have this alarm in a 96 Trans Am that was already hooked up when I bought the car. Two issues are at hand but the main issue is the driver side door will not lock using the key fob or the door switch. I can lock it manually and all doors will unlock using the fob or door switch and the pass door will work correctly as well. I have been testing wires at the BCM, in the door and at the grounding points trying to see if there are any dead wires but all the tests are saying the lock should work. The door lock actuator is ok as well as I tested it on the pass side door and it worked. Would the driver door not locking be tied into the Viper alarm somehow? I don't want to tear apart the dash if it isn't linked together somehow.

The second issue I have with this alarm also is when you dis-arm it will act as if you just turned the key to the on position in the ignition and the radio will start playing until the door is opened then it shuts off. Somehow the disarm is tied into the R.A.P so i do not know if both these issues are linked together or what.

Any ideas?

first things first- check the fuse/circuit breaker and relay for the driver door. you should have a connector in the kick-pannel where you can test the door circuits. common problems were the switch and the wires in the hinge boot.

yeah same as above but ill chime about the actin like its on thing, it sounds like you have a wire on the ignition side wrong, thus it sends power to it when clicked

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.