Vinyl cutter

Participant count
  • Participant list

g6ryder
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok please useful replies only... I've been looking for a vinyl cutter on eBay without much luck today a deal popped on CL for a US Cutter MH721 Plotter Cutter it's a 24". Now I pretty much know nothing, but I would like to learn. I'm currently have a Mac iirc this device has can be used on Mac. If I'm wrong plz correct me. What is some good downloadable/affordable cutting and designing software that will work...

not sure if its mac compatible, but my dad uses flexisign pro 8.5, some vinyl cutters will come with software, my dad got on off of ebay like 2years ago and it came with cutting software via usb but the usb died and the company would not replace it, but he has software to use, u may want to try corel draw if it is mac compatible too?

Cheap software does not really cover plotting software. I have flexi and a few others for my plotter...but to be honest unless you plan to use it A LOT... you are better off just going to someone who has everything already and let them make what ever you need.

Cheap software does not really cover plotting software. I have flexi and a few others for my plotter...but to be honest unless you plan to use it A LOT... you are better off just going to someone who has everything already and let them make what ever you need.
Well I do plan on using frequent. However it was going cost me more to print the couple hundred decals I wanted than buying my complete set up. So that's a big reason why I picked it up

u r going to look to be looking at bout 1500 to 3000 based on how good of quality u want, i just don't know about Mac, but if u plan on doing hundreds of decals u need to charge about 5.99 a decal based on what u cutting and u would have to sell 250+ decals to pay for it, if u plan on making it a business its worth it, but if u are only doing a couple hundred decals its not worth it, my dad has a home business so he is inexpensive b/c its out of his home so no overhead, what do u need done?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

g6ryder

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
g6ryder
Claremore, OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date