Vintage Mind Blower speakers???

Everytime I install modern stereo components, my father tells me stories of his audio systems back in the day, circa late 70's. Although the cars change in each story, he always mentions "Mind Blower" speakers. He said they were 6x9 speakers with thier own amps mounted to them. I did some research ad found out they were made by Pyramid. I would really like to get my hands on a set and surprise him on a future restoration project. Plus, I'd love to look at and hear these things. Anyone know where I might find some, or any other info about them?
You have a cool Dad..I bought a pair in 1977 and installed them in my 1972 Olds 442.. they where considered bad ass speakers for that time

Everytime I install modern stereo components, my father tells me stories of his audio systems back in the day, circa late 70's. Although the cars change in each story, he always mentions "Mind Blower" speakers. He said they were 6x9 speakers with thier own amps mounted to them. I did some research ad found out they were made by Pyramid. I would really like to get my hands on a set and surprise him on a future restoration project. Plus, I'd love to look at and hear these things. Anyone know where I might find some, or any other info about them?

Screenshot_20230328-205431_Facebook.jpg

I am a senior citizen I owned some of these speakers they do not sound like crap they are great wish I could get them now they sound great and at the time I did have cassette not just 8 track by the way I still have some of them to.

My buddy Mike had Mindblowers I helped him install in the rear deck of his '73 Mustang coupe. Wired up to a Pioneer Supertuner 8-track they sounded... loud. Mostly on Foghat, REO, Styx, Seger and the rock of the late '70s. I had a VW Rabbit, Jensen 6x9 Co-Ax on the flimsy rear deck cover and 5x7 Jensen 2-ways hacked into the front doors. A Blaupunkt cassette receiver and a Rockford Fosgate 40W x2 Amp that blew fuses constantly. It too was loud, maybe a bit more accurate than the Mustang, probably due to the superior cassette player. Either way, great times and who cares what they sounded like, we we're 16, close to the beach with a cooler full of Miller in the glass bottle. All was fine.

Had a pair in the mid 70's, unbelievable sound from 2 speakers in a car back
Had a pair back in the mid 70's, what a great sound from 2 - 100 watt speakers in the rear of my car. Also it was a very heavy speaker because each one had its own amphlephier !!! Have no idea or memory of what happened to them . LOL

I wish I could find a set also I bought mine from jack and Larry lambert auto in soulard got 49.95 the speakers where in 1967 dodge coronet .now i have 1971 duster with big block they would sound great

ntastic no distortion with Amp they where 67 dodge coronet rt .wish i

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...