Vintage Mind Blower speakers???

Well...chalk me up as another member who found this site while searching for the infamous Mindblower speaker!

Had a blast reading this thread and it brought up old similar memories that many have had as a result of that old speaker.

Had my pair of Mindblowers in a 68 Camaro with a 400 small block engine. When I look back...I'm not sure which I liked better, the car or those speakers.? They were that good.

My friends would always try and out do me with other very expensive systems and would come up short. You just could not match the outrageous punch they delivered. To this day,I'm still amazed at how durable they were...I was always afraid they would blow but you could crank them to ridiculous levels and never had a problem.

Kinda got out of the car audio craze once I finally did sell the car with the speakers.

Still have several high performance cars but have kept stock stereos in them but man would I love to throw a set of 6×9 Mindblowers in the back of my CTS-V to relive the past and rival any newer systems that I've heard.

Would gladly pay $1000+ for a pair

Will be keeping an eye on ebay....just in case!!

The old Pyle driver 6x9 I had in the 80"s were made in the USA and was the best thing around then. We all bought then from a store called Cam electronics in the Bronx, NY. Had them running on a Yamaha 100 x 2 and a Sherwood 25 x 4. What a trip back in time.

Yes I can remember buying my 1st set of "mindblower" spkrs they were bad ***. My friends would tell me they could here me coming 3 blocks away. I bought them at a local Zayre's department store the only bad thing about the spkrs was they had a money back guarantee and half of these fools didn't know how to use them properly they would turn there cars off with them up over 3/4 of the way up ,and then when they turned there car on it would blow them so they would take them back for a refund .Myself I always turned the volume down and turned the power switch off and never had no problems with them and when zayer's told me they were going to be discontinue them they had 3 sets left I bought them all at 59.99 each but the last set I was trying to hang on to them and I was selling a 1970 Camaro rs and the guy heard the system and so I let him have it but yes I would like to have another set myself...Dom

I'd like to clear things up with all you naysayers about Mind Blower Speakers. I had a pair of them in my first car, a '64 Plymouth, and another set in my '73 Nova SS back in the early and mid 70s. They were MUCH better quality sound than any of today's thumping subwoofer systems that you can hear coming a mile away. Mind Blowers were loud, crisp, clear, and distortion free in every range. It's just too bad they don't make them any more because I'd stack them up against anything out there today. So all you guys putting them down, don't be so quick to criticize something you know nothing about!

I'd like to clear things up with all you naysayers about Mind Blower Speakers. I had a pair of them in my first car, a '64 Plymouth, and another set in my '73 Nova SS back in the early and mid 70s. They were MUCH better quality sound than any of today's thumping subwoofer systems that you can hear coming a mile away. Mind Blowers were loud, crisp, clear, and distortion free in every range. It's just too bad they don't make them any more because I'd stack them up against anything out there today. So all you guys putting them down, don't be so quick to criticize something you know nothing about!
man those tannoy and pyramid engineers better start digging to find this elusive and from the sounds of it groundbreaking technology that must have been buried somewhere to save humanity from the 6x9's taking over earth

a really good memory of a first impression can sometimes fool people into thinking things were better than they are.

man those tannoy and pyramid engineers better start digging to find this elusive and from the sounds of it groundbreaking technology that must have been buried somewhere to save humanity from the 6x9's taking over earth
a really good memory of a first impression can sometimes fool people into thinking things were better than they are.

So, you think I've been fooled, and that I think Mind Blowers were better than they really are? Well son, it's never a good idea to spout off about something you know nothing about. If you've never actually heard a set of Mind Blowers you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Maybe your subwoofers have damaged your brain with all the thumping rap crap you've been playing? But one thing is glaringly obvious, if you'd put someone or something down without any knowledge of the subject you're talking about, then you're disrespectful as well as narrow minded. Maybe one day you're grow up and learn some manners. Have a nice day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...